Easier way to add multiple graphs to a tree

Anything that you think should be in Cacti.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

time

Easier way to add multiple graphs to a tree

Post by time »

With a large number of devices and graphs in the system, adding graphs to trees becomes very tedious as you have to scroll through the list and you can only add one graph at a time. See the attached picture for the page I mean..

I think a better way to add graphs would be to have a page where you can filter the list of data sources list (similar to the "data sources" page) and pick one or more with checkboxes to add to the selected tree.

Tim
Attachments
addgraph.GIF
addgraph.GIF (35.11 KiB) Viewed 5160 times
lanman_taa

Post by lanman_taa »

Try from Graph Management. Sort on the apprpriate text and you can add them all to a specified tree with just a couple of clicks
Attachments
graphadd2.gif
graphadd2.gif (85.72 KiB) Viewed 5142 times
time

Post by time »

Thanks for that tip lanman, I didn't know you could add graphs to trees like that.

However, it still doesn't really fix the problem as you can't add to subtrees from there - only trees that are under the root. I suppose you could temporarily move a subtree out to the root and then add your graphs and then move the tree back to it's correct place but that is still a bit fiddly.

All it would need is a page very similar to graph management but with the top section of the "graph trees -> (edit)" page above it so you can select the proper subtree to add the graphs to.
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

time wrote:However, it still doesn't really fix the problem as you can't add to subtrees from there - only trees that are under the root.
That is not correct. in Step1 you must name the root tree. Clicking Go gives you another page. There (Step 2) you'll have a dropdown for the whole subtree of that root.
Reinhard
time

Post by time »

lvm wrote:That is not correct. in Step1 you must name the root tree. Clicking Go gives you another page. There (Step 2) you'll have a dropdown for the whole subtree of that root.
Reinhard
Thanks, I tried that and it works.. sweet. Forget about this topic then! :)