Brocade Fibre Channel templates.

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

jvlalonde

import

Post by jvlalonde »

Ok, it would be nice if someone could try to import it on one of those two version and give a feedback.
-Joris
yianniska

Post by yianniska »

Hi all,
I imported the xml's
and everything was looking fine
The Fan sensors graphs & Temperature graphs where o.k.!
But in the Switch-port monitoring graphs i got an error
from rrdtool ERROR: RPN final stack size != 1

could someone help me.

Cacti version 0.8.6g

Thanks
AlexK

Cacti-0.8.6g and Brocade 12000

Post by AlexK »

Hi Guys,

Trying to graph Brocade 12000 with newly installed Cacti-0.8.6g. Tried to import brocade_interfaces.xml, but so far no avail. As it imports it doesn't tell if the import is successfull, just completes the command, and wouldn't give me xml output either. But if I look at resource/snmp_queries, it is there. Yet again, it is no showing up from the the "New Graph" drop down list (I only have Brocade CPU and Brocade FAN), and I need to graph it's FC interfaces. Can anyone help ??

Thanks a metric ton! (if you can graph it =)
ScOp3
Cacti User

Re: Cacti-0.8.6g and Brocade 12000

Post by ScOp3 »

AlexK wrote:Hi Guys,
As it imports it doesn't tell if the import is successfull, just completes the command, and wouldn't give me xml output either.
Don't import it! Copy it into -> "cacti/resources/snmp_queries". Which is also mentioned in the description of the file :)
mosc

Post by mosc »

1.) copy brocade_interfaces.xml into resource/snmp_queries/

2.) add a new 'data query' from out of the webinterface
and point it to the xml with the correct 'xml path'
(e.g. <path_cacti>/resource/snmp_queries/brocade_interfaces.xml)

3.) import cacti_host_template_brocade_fc_switch.xml

worked fine for me on cacti-0.8.6.g
was easy as 123 :D

thanks for that script! :lol:
ScOp3
Cacti User

Post by ScOp3 »

mosc wrote:
3.) import cacti_host_template_brocade_fc_switch.xml

worked fine for me on cacti-0.8.6.g
was easy as 123 :D

thanks for that script! :lol:
I assume that the corrected script works for you then. Nice to hear that someone managed to get it working.
mosc

Post by mosc »

yes, it do

thanks again!
Attachments
brocade.png
brocade.png (60.81 KiB) Viewed 15158 times
mosc
------
spontaneity wants to be probably considered
mosc

Post by mosc »

yes, it do

thanks again!
Attachments
brocade.png
brocade.png (60.81 KiB) Viewed 15158 times
mosc
------
spontaneity wants to be probably considered
uals

Post by uals »

mosc wrote: 3.) import cacti_host_template_brocade_fc_switch.xml
I'm still working with 8.6c and also experienced the following when trying both copying the code into the text field as well as browsing for the xml-file : "Error: XML: Hash version does not exist."

Did anyone succeed with the import of this file under version 8.6c?

Thanks in advance

Sascha
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

mosc wrote:"Error: XML: Hash version does not exist."
This typically happens if you are importing a Template using a downlevel cacti. Two Options:
- find someone who exports the template from a downlevel cacti (very unlikely)
- upgrade your cacti to minimum the version that was used exporting those templates
Reinhard
gkuchera

Post by gkuchera »

I'm working with Cacti 0.8.6g:

I imported the new template and put the data Query as described.

When I create the graphs I get this error over and over: (this happens at the point when you choose the CDEF function for the interfaces and click on Create -- To create the graphs for the interfaces)

Any thoughts? Any help would be much appreciated..

Thanks,

-Geoff Kuchera

Notice: Undefined index: local_data_id in /usr/share/cacti/site/lib/template.php on line 726

Notice: Undefined index: local_data_id in /usr/share/cacti/site/lib/template.php on line 726

Geoff Kuchera
MLT Vacations, Inc.
ScOp3
Cacti User

Post by ScOp3 »

gkuchera wrote:I'm working with Cacti 0.8.6g:

When I create the graphs I get this error over and over: (this happens at the point when you choose the CDEF function for the interfaces and click on Create -- To create the graphs for the interfaces)
Hi Geoff!

Imho you don't need to add a CDEF function manually it is part of the graph template. Just assign the brocade host template to the device and click create new graph that should do it if you have put all the necessary files in you're cacti structure.
gkuchera

Post by gkuchera »

ScOp3 wrote:
gkuchera wrote:I'm working with Cacti 0.8.6g:

Hi Geoff!

Imho you don't need to add a CDEF function manually it is part of the graph template. Just assign the brocade host template to the device and click create new graph that should do it if you have put all the necessary files in you're cacti structure.

Actually I tried generating the graphs both with and without the CDEF and it didn't work either way.. Anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this issue?

-Geoff

-Geoff
Geoff Kuchera
MLT Vacations, Inc.
royce
Cacti User

Post by royce »

ScOp3 wrote: I assume that the corrected script works for you then. Nice to hear that someone managed to get it working.
The thing is. People that got it working don't post. Only the ones with problem do.

:-)

Christofer
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

royce wrote:The thing is. People that got it working don't post. Only the ones with problem do.
Hi, Christofer, nice to hear from you. I'm using this templates, but not the last version of them. I do not have any problems with them.
Unfortunately, I can't figure out what problems arise. From the problem description, I can't get any further.
So to anyone, who has problems:
I need a more complete description. Please post the versions of everything (see my signature). Please give _exact_ information about the templates/scripts you're using (reference to the post giving date of this post) as there any many of them. Please give _exact_ description of what you're doing until you encounter the _first_ problem. Please post a screenshot/a copy of the error (no "description" of the problem but the error text itself etc. pp.).
Reinhard