no longer collecting data for some cisco interfaces

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

i3scottw

no longer collecting data for some cisco interfaces

Post by i3scottw »

I have been running Cacti for several months now with no problems. I have primarly been using it to show traffic information for most of the ports on a Cisco 6509 switch. Last week the graphs for a few of the interfaces on this switch just stopped showing any data (the graphs still show up, just with a huge gap that goes back to last week). The graphs for the rest of the interfaces on this switch are still working normally (with no gaps).

Can anyone steer me in the right direction to get these few graphs working again (while hopefully keeping the history data from before it stopped working)? Here is the relevant version info:

Cacti version 0.8.6g
cmd.php for the poller
PHP 5.0.5.5
MYSQL 4.1.14
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Please have a look at the Device list and see whether those hosts are down. In this case, goto Settings -> Poller and select SNMP - Reliable as Downed Host Detection method.
Reinhard
i3scottw

Post by i3scottw »

Thanks for your reply! The device shows as "up" (and other interfaces on this same device are graphing properly). I also double checked the the Downed Host Detection was set to "SNMP - Reliable". Is there anything else I can check to try to kick-start these couple of interfaces? Thanks!
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Is it possible, that there was some change on the interfaces (e.g. added a new one, delete another or the like)? In this case, please select the green circle next to the Template in the Device screen to reindex.
Or switch to DEBUG mode, have a look at the cacti.log to see the failing OID and try to run snmpwalk against this.
Or try to

Code: Select all

snmpwalk -c <community> -v 1 <host> interface
to see all available info.
Reinhard