Reports Problem

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

MikeP

Reports Problem

Post by MikeP »

I have installed the Plug in Arch along with Monitor, Thresh, and Reports. When I go to configure a report I add an email and time and click OK and nothing appears in the main report screen.

Any Ideas?

Mike
cigamit
Developer

Re: Reports Problem

Post by cigamit »

MikeP wrote:I have installed the Plug in Arch along with Monitor, Thresh, and Reports. When I go to configure a report I add an email and time and click OK and nothing appears in the main report screen.

Any Ideas?

Mike
Did you import the tables for the reports plugins? Its currently in beta, so it doesn't auto-import its own database yet.
MikeP

Post by MikeP »

cigamit wrote:Did you import the tables for the reports plugins? Its currently in beta, so it doesn't auto-import its own database yet.
No I did not import any tables. Where do I get them?

Thanks,

Mike
cigamit
Developer

Post by cigamit »

MikeP wrote:
cigamit wrote:Did you import the tables for the reports plugins? Its currently in beta, so it doesn't auto-import its own database yet.
No I did not import any tables. Where do I get them?

Thanks,

Mike
It should be in the reports plugin directory, look for the file called reports.sql
MikeP

Post by MikeP »

cigamit wrote:It should be in the reports plugin directory, look for the file called reports.sql
I was able to find the reports.sql file in the reports directory. How do I import it?

Mike
MikeP

Post by MikeP »

I was able to get the tables inported. So now I can schedule a report. However I am never getting the report. I setup my SMTP server in the Alert/Thrhlds tab in settings. I can generate a test email with no problems.

Any ideas? Or how can I troubleshoot this?

Mike
MikeP

Post by MikeP »

I was able to get the tables inported. So now I can schedule a report. However I am never getting the report. I setup my SMTP server in the Alert/Thrhlds tab in settings. I can generate a test email with no problems.

Any ideas? Or how can I troubleshoot this?

Mike
carrison

Post by carrison »

I encountered the same issue.
My sendmail is runnung and permitted in iptables, But I can't received sechduled report mail...
cigamit
Developer

Post by cigamit »

carrison wrote:I encountered the same issue.
My sendmail is runnung and permitted in iptables, But I can't received sechduled report mail...
I am currently working on extracting the mail functions from thold and reports to its own plugin. This way all plugins could use the same settings, etc... and if one works, they should all work.

I should hopefully have this done by the end of the week, and will then convert the other plugins over to use it. I'll post an update here when it is done.
carrison

Post by carrison »

Thank your great job, cigamit,

Now my issue is solved, It's my fault. I forgot to open smtp port for my host...:-)