Exchange Perl Scripts via WMI

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

MMO

SP2 for Exchange 2003 broke my graphs.

Post by MMO »

After installing the SP2 for Exchange 2003 on my test lab I have no values any more on my reports for Delivery Statistics, Filtering Statistics and Intelligent Message Filter Statistics. They all display NaN. From the commandline I get the message:
Check the computer and class name.
No information was found on the specified class!
If I start scriptomatic on the exchange server then for instance I can see the WMI Class: Win32_PerfRawData_MSExchangeUCF_MSExchangeIntelligentMessageFilter but I need some help for making this work again please.
DevilSun
Cacti User

Post by DevilSun »

I'll take a look at the Exchange 2003 SP2 related issue sometime next week after I put SP2 on my Exchange servers this weekend. They may have either changed the class names, that or I've noticed updates sometimes remove the classes from the WMI scope and need to be resync'd.
DevilSun
Cacti User

Post by DevilSun »

The others of you that are having problems, have you run the query from the command line and see what it gives you?
MMO

Post by MMO »

It' s working again! I was on vacation the last week, and started looking into it again today. One of the things I did was a wmiadap /f on the commandline on the exchange server, in the eventlog in application I see some errors like

WMI ADAP was unable to create the object Win32_PerfFormattedData_MSExchangeUCF_MSExchangeIntelligentMessageFilter for Performance Library MSExchangeUCF because error 0x80041002 was returned

In the MS KB and on google I did not find any to relevant info, but I keep looking out if I see this error again. I' am happy it is graphing again at last.

Success updating to SP2 on your exchange box' es Devilsun.
DevilSun
Cacti User

Post by DevilSun »

Yeah, upgraded my Exchange 2003 servers to SP2 over the weekend with Windows Server 2003 SP1 and I'm having some problems as well. Looks like they may have moved a few class names, or the wmiadap /f thing fixes them. I'm going to run that now (since I just let it run as is over the weekend) and see if all mine get fixed.

Even my Exchange memory classes are messed up for now...it appears the SP2 upgrade may have temporarily hosed most all of the Exchange WMI classes so my first suggestion is the "wmiadap /f" thing.
DevilSun
Cacti User

Post by DevilSun »

WMIADAP /f fixed all the IMF and UCE graphs broken by Exchange 2003 SP2.

Ok, mailbox stats (SendQ, ReceiveQ, Msgs/Min, etc) class name has changed when you upgrade Exchange 2003 to Service Pack 2.

If you use this script ("w32_exch_query_mailboxstats.pl") then you need to open it up in notepad, and change the fourth line down from

Code: Select all

my $Win32_Class = "Win32_PerfFormattedData_MSExchangeIS_MSExchangeISMailbox";
to

Code: Select all

my $Win32_Class = "Win32_PerfFormattedData_MSExchangeIS_MSExchangeISPublic";
and then that will work again. I've also noticed that the user graphs don't seem to be working correctly for me since upgrading to SP2 so that's next.
DevilSun
Cacti User

Post by DevilSun »

Ok, so some of my Exchange servers are reporting valid data for the "Win32_PerfFormattedData_MSExchangeIS_MSExchangeIS" class (which I use for RPC, Memory, and User graphs of Exchange 2003), while my main one is not. I do not know if this is because it is a back-end Exchange server, or because I haven't rebooted it...but my front-ends are. So my suggestion to those of you who have updated Exchange 2003 to SP2 and are having problems, reboot, and run "wmiadap /f" and possibly reboot again. :roll: Somehow I got it working on my FE servers...hehe.
cpt_ahab
Cacti User

Post by cpt_ahab »

hello devilsun.
first of all thanks for your templates.
i have just one question. i use your Exchange Connection template/script to monitor our exchange FE Servers. I think the skript works, but i always have just 0 Users/ActiveUsers. What Users are monitored here..?

edit: its an 2003 server sp1

greez jan
MMO

Post by MMO »

@Devilsun

Are you getting any data on the Delivery Statistics Graph? I am getting only zero' s I do not get errors but I don' t get any values. Did it move to somewhere else? I couldn' t find it.
hellfire7707

Is thease scripts worked on Linux?

Post by hellfire7707 »

I feel amazing about these scripts.

I am running Exchange 2003 with sp2 on windows 2003.

Is this possible for me running on Linux(Fedora Core 4)?

I already tried to import the templates but it shows only value "NA".
:cry:
DevilSun
Cacti User

Post by DevilSun »

CptAhab: The user count I believe is the number of actual users using the information store at the time of the query, not the actual connections. I only run the user count on my BE, and get values for it, never used it for FE servers.

MMO: No, since upgrading to SP2, the delivery statistics stuff has no reported ANY values, where as before it did. I haven't had much time to look into it, but it appears either Microsoft stopped populating these values, or is using them much differently -- but I do know it stopped working as soon as I upgraded to SP2 on Exch2003.
Kim

No value shows

Post by Kim »

Please refer to the following capture.

The values shown in the catpure is only 0 though a perl test is successful.

I don't know What's wrong with this?

Particulary I inputed the instance as "_Total"
Attachments
K-20051202-103224-8.jpg
K-20051202-103224-8.jpg (37.8 KiB) Viewed 9919 times
Kim

Re: No value shows

Post by Kim »

[quote="Kim"]Please refer to the following capture.

The values shown in the catpure is only 0 though a perl test is successful.

I don't know What's wrong with this?

Particulary I inputed the instance as "_Total"

And What I want to know is the difference between USERS and ACTIVE USERS
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

If any of you are having problems with hosts responding to your WMI queries, I suggest you read my faq. I just created one on how to get WMI working for a normal user account on a remote computer.
CharlieB.

WMI settings

Post by CharlieB. »

Your WMI settings are only for Win2k3 right? I do not find the same options for Win2k.