Polling APC UPS runtime

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

tman
Cacti User

Polling APC UPS runtime

Post by tman »

I am trying to poll the battery runtime from an APC UPS with a Web/SNMP management card. The exact output returned from the OID .1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.1.2.2.3.0 is;

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.318.1.1.1.2.2.3.0 = Timeticks: (120000) 0:20:00.00

Obviously this is in timeticks (100th/s) so I created a CDEF function to convert this to minutes (/ 6000), but although the number is being polled correctly, all the created graph says for the values in NaN.

I've tried all combinations to get this to plot correctly, but don't seem to be able to get it working.

Any ideas?
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

Moved to Scripts and Templates
[size=117][i][b]Tony Roman[/b][/i][/size]
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
infodood

Post by infodood »

tman,

Did you ever get this working?
//chris
rwa

graph/data maximum value

Post by rwa »

I ran into the same problem. Not sure if it was the same cause, but I found I had set the data template and graph template max values to be something that would cause a problem. I eliminated the cdef for testing, and when I set both to unlimited (data and graph max) the data started showing up as ticks (minutes x 6000). I then added the /6000 cdef and the values graphed correctly.

I think the most likely issue is your data collection has a max on it, as that would seem to cause it to not even be stored (and hence your cdef wouldn't work).

Good luck.