Cactiquery 0.8.6g

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

pestilence
Cacti User

Cactiquery 0.8.6g

Post by pestilence »

Cactiquery is a raw value query tool for cacti, it will query the rra files using the rrdtool and return the output (in human readable format) inside the browser, after querying you are provided with the option to dump the results in a csv formated file which can be manipulated by a spreadsheet program.
Enjoy.
Attachments
cactiquery-0.8.6g-1.tar.gz
New version
(42.56 KiB) Downloaded 1313 times
Last edited by pestilence on Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
/* * Oops. The kernel tried to access some bad page. We'll have to * terminate things with extreme prejudice. */ die_if_kernel("Oops", regs, error_code);
ioiioi
Cacti User

Post by ioiioi »

very nice plugin.
it is useful when I want to export a report including digital value, not only graph.
I wish it will be a part of offical cacti release. :D
by the way, could you give us a sample screen?
pestilence
Cacti User

Post by pestilence »

I will include a screenshot tomorrow :) because currently i am really bussy :)
/* * Oops. The kernel tried to access some bad page. We'll have to * terminate things with extreme prejudice. */ die_if_kernel("Oops", regs, error_code);
pestilence
Cacti User

Post by pestilence »

Ok i think i might have found the problem (the pointer to the file was opened inside the loop) try the new uploaded version and give me some feedback.
Regards.
pestilence
Cacti User

Post by pestilence »

roddie wrote:Works great.. Thank you for the quick fix!
Thanks for reporting this :)
ioiioi
Cacti User

Post by ioiioi »

pestilence,
I have installed the cigamate's "plugin architecture addon", some original files had been replaced. when I am going to install "cactiquery0.8.6g", I found that the cigamate's files will be overwrited by yours, so do you have any good suggestion to install your plugins in the condition that it won't intefere with the "plugin architecture addon"?
pestilence
Cacti User

Post by pestilence »

ioiioi wrote:pestilence,
I have installed the cigamate's "plugin architecture addon", some original files had been replaced. when I am going to install "cactiquery0.8.6g", I found that the cigamate's files will be overwrited by yours, so do you have any good suggestion to install your plugins in the condition that it won't intefere with the "plugin architecture addon"?
All changed code in the files is commented so that you can find out the differences from the original source code.
Just open the file and copy paste the according changes is my suggestion.
This is unofrtunately the only way to do this untill a plugin architecture is integraded inside cacti.
knobdy
Cacti User

Post by knobdy »

So now we have plugin architecture working, is this a go, has it been updated?
sg

Post by sg »

I really like cactiquery; it's funcationality I need from Cacti.

Some issues/suggestions/requests:

1) I can't download the data -- the filename is always "/path/to/csvdir/-.csv" and the file is always empty
2) I have many combined graphs; I need all the datasources, not just the first one
3) Suggest that AVERAGE/MIN/MAX/LAST variable on line 524 of rrd.php be changed to either a setting (as with the csv export directory) or something you can pick on the export screen

Thanks,
sg
pestilence
Cacti User

Post by pestilence »

sg wrote:I really like cactiquery; it's funcationality I need from Cacti.

Some issues/suggestions/requests:

1) I can't download the data -- the filename is always "/path/to/csvdir/-.csv" and the file is always empty
2) I have many combined graphs; I need all the datasources, not just the first one
3) Suggest that AVERAGE/MIN/MAX/LAST variable on line 524 of rrd.php be changed to either a setting (as with the csv export directory) or something you can pick on the export screen

Thanks,
sg
Sorry for the late reply

1) Hmm i have to check this, filenames are parsed from the graph title.

2) Combined graphs is something i will try to work on (implement cdef functions) it is a bit of trouble...but we are going to try our best :)
3) Yap i was planning to add this in this release...but i forgot...i will do so in the next release :)
spignataro

Post by spignataro »

it shows me the following error:

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined variable: valine in C:\apache2\Apache2\htdocs\lib\rrd.php on line 905
i am running windows xp with apache. Thanks

edit:
also the cvs file is created....but the problem is there is nothing in it and it cant be read. Am i doing something wrong. I read the instructions. Thanks
pestilence
Cacti User

Post by pestilence »

spignataro wrote:it shows me the following error:

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined variable: valine in C:\apache2\Apache2\htdocs\lib\rrd.php on line 905
i am running windows xp with apache. Thanks

edit:
also the cvs file is created....but the problem is there is nothing in it and it cant be read. Am i doing something wrong. I read the instructions. Thanks
I am not sure if cactiquery works properly under Windows, i have to check it on a Windows box
spignataro

Post by spignataro »

i dont think it does...works fine under a linux box...but the place that im using it at is a windows environment.
sg

Post by sg »

Thanks for the work on cactiquery.

Perhaps it would be more efficient to port it to the new plugin arch. :)
ScOp3
Cacti User

Post by ScOp3 »

When i try to untar the file i get an error at the end.

tar: A lone zero block at 420

Can anyone confirm that?

Edit: No one with the same issue when untaring the file? Can anyone do a quick check plz?