Disk Space pure SNMP

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

li0n

Disk Space pure SNMP

Post by li0n »

Hi!

Is there any reason why the graph "Host MIB - Available Disk Space" is not pure SNMP (use a server script, not like traffic direct snmpwalk)

thx !
li0n

Post by li0n »

ok i've found the answer from Rax:

"Returns values for hrStorageSize and hrStorageUsed in blocks."

I agree, this is really annoying. However Cacti does provide a way to overcome this through the use of a script query. If you go into your host and add the "SNMP - Get Mounted Partitions" data query, you should get a list of partitions.

;)
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

It's kindof timely that you asked your question. I was just talking to members of the development team to reduce the need for using a script to use to poll the host. The query would still be applicable to gather "input" type information, but the poller cache would be populated with SNMP OID's instead of calling scripts.

It will have to wait until 0.9 however. For now, the script is pretty fast anyway.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?