Problems Polling Two OID's - NewB Question

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

MikeP

Problems Polling Two OID's - NewB Question

Post by MikeP »

I have been working with Cacti for a little over a week now. We were currently using MRTG.

I have a Nortel ATM Switch, and the standard Interface Stats is not showing any data. The MRTG cfg file I was using to poll them used two OID's (IN and OUT Data) as opposed to the interface number. If I use the Generic OID template I can get the data. But I want to be able to put the IN and OUT on one graph like the standard Interface Stats graphs.

I can attach the MRTG cfg file if needed.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
apharas

Post by apharas »

Create your own snmp dataquery template. Use the "interface.xml" file in the <cactidirctory>/resource/snmp_queries to get you started.

--
Alex
MikeP

Post by MikeP »

I tired to create a dataquery template, but I am not sure I made it correctly. I dont see any data when I do the query.

Is there any docs anywere that explain creating a dataquery correctly. Babysteps.

Thanks

Mike
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

MikeP wrote:I tired to create a dataquery template, but I am not sure I made it correctly. I dont see any data when I do the query.

Is there any docs anywere that explain creating a dataquery correctly. Babysteps.

Thanks

Mike
Please see http://www.cacti.net/downloads/docs/htm ... y_xml.html. It's somewhat outdated, but should be enough as a starting point.
Reinhard