Graphing traffic by destination / IP range etc

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

simonuk1

Graphing traffic by destination / IP range etc

Post by simonuk1 »

Is there a way to get information from cisco routers and switches that can sort by IP ranges of packets etc.

If so is there anybody that has created templated etc so that graphs can show traffic from different source/ IP ranges etc.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

Cacti Rocks
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

If you know a way that you can query out this information via snmp or a script, then yes it would be possible. Otherwise, nope.
apharas

Post by apharas »

None of this type if data is typically kept within a mib, just too much information it be categorized that way in memory. What you're looking for is netflow caching which cicso, juniper and riverstone all support. Take a look at stager http://software.uninett.no/stager/ which will handle the netflow data to make spread sheets and graphs.

--
Alex
danno

Post by danno »

I've been digging through some forum posts regarding Riverstone monitoring, and saw that you stated that Riverstone supports NetFlow... but for the record it doesn't.

Riverstone uses LFAP (lightweight flow accounting protocol) and it's pretty good... saw some rumors that Riverstone has a conversion tool from LFAP data to NetFlow but since I'm not an actual Riverstone customer I'm not privvy to that.