RRD created, but no graph?

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

dlc

RRD created, but no graph?

Post by dlc »

I just performed what's basically a completely new installation on a FreeBSD server which been running 0.8.6d for a while. I reinstalled mysql (5.0.13 from ports), and installed cacti-0.8.6g, taking the required steps to create the database in mysql, etc.

I can add new devices, and seemingly create graphs for the devices, but the graphs don't show up under Graph Management or under the normal graph viewing modes.

The RRDs are being created and properly updated with data. And when I go back to edit the host, the previously-created graph items are greyed out so I don't make duplicate graphs. But they're not being displayed. Where'd they go?
dlc

Post by dlc »

Hello? Anyone even have ideas about the next troubleshooting step??
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

MySQL 5.x is not supported, thats possibly one problem.
dgamble
Cacti User

Troubleshooting

Post by dgamble »

dlc wrote:Hello? Anyone even have ideas about the next troubleshooting step??
The first thing that I would do is click the "Wrench" icon by a graph to see the rrdtool command being run. Then, copy and paste this into a terminal, and try to run it there. If there's an error with the command, rrdtool will tell you.

Hope this helps!
dlc

Post by dlc »

Well, dayum. I went back to mysql 4.1 and it seems to be working now. I had checked the requirements, and believed mysql 5.x to comply with
MySQL 3.23 or greater, 4.0.20d or greater highly recommended for advanced features
from http://www.cacti.net/downloads/docs/htm ... ments.html

Thanks for the tip.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

All the documents (except for my updated windows guide) are out of date...