More graph trouble, RRD have files but only red X displays

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

jd5646

More graph trouble, RRD have files but only red X displays

Post by jd5646 »

I competed the install of cacti yesterday. After working out several problems I was able to get the cacti interface up and to get the poller to begin creating RRD files. I still only receive the dreaded red X indicating that a picture can't be displayed in Internet Explorer.

I'm using the following versions of the tools involved..
rrdtool-cygwin-1.2.4
mysql-4.1.14-win32
php-5.0.5-Win32
cacti-0.8.6g
cacti-cactid-0.8.6e
net-snmp-5.2.1.2-1.win32

I'm attaching a copy of output from the cacti log file. (I've got it logging everything right now so there's a lot there) I'll also attach a copy of output from the poller.php.

I'll be glad to get some help!
Attachments
pollerotuput.txt
(16.71 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
5mincactilog.zip
(3.66 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Utildayael

Post by Utildayael »

Can't really offer a whole lot of advice since I'm in the same boat but I know that BSOD or whoever reads this will want a graph debug output. :)

Graph Management -> Click on a Graph -> Click "Turn on Graph Debug Mode"
jd5646

Graph Debug Output

Post by jd5646 »

Here's a copy of a graph debug output....

Warning: popen(c:\rrdtool\rrdtool.exe graph - --imgformat=PNG --start=-86400 --end=-300 --title="St. Louis S2S VPN and WAN Router - Traffic - ATM3/0-atm laye" --rigid --base=1000 --height=120 --width=500 --alt-autoscale-max --lower-limit=0 --vertical-label="bits per second" --slope-mode DEF:a="C\:/cacti/rra/st_louis_s2s_vpn_and_wan_router_traffic_in_30.rrd":traffic_in:AVERAGE DEF:b="C\:/cacti/rra/st_louis_s2s_vpn_and_wan_router_traffic_in_30.rrd":traffic_out:AVERAGE CDEF:cdefa=a,8,* CDEF:cdefe=b,8,* AREA:cdefa#00CF00:"Inbound" GPRINT:cdefa:LAST:" Current\:%8.2lf %s" GPRINT:cdefa:AVERAGE:"Average\:%8.2lf %s" GPRINT:cdefa:MAX:"Maximum\:%8.2lf %s\n" LINE1:cdefe#002A97:"Outbound" GPRINT:cdefe:LAST:"Current\:%8.2lf %s" GPRINT:cdefe:AVERAGE:"Average\:%8.2lf %s" GPRINT:cdefe:MAX:"Maximum\:%8.2lf %s" 2>&1,rb) [function.popen]: No error in C:\cacti\lib\rrd.php on line 94

Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\cacti\lib\rrd.php on line 117
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

1) you've got a lot of data sources which are broken (hence the output of U in the debug) which you should fix.

2) Make sure your web user account has execute rights on cmd.exe
jd5646

Broken data sources and permissions.

Post by jd5646 »

Like Magic... It was permissions for user IUSR. I thought that I'd set those permissions to permit read and execute yesterday but found today that they are set to deny. I now see graphs with data. THANK YOU!

What should I do about the broken data sources you see? Can you suggest something that will correct this?

Thanks again for the help so far... :D
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

The data sources with dsname traffic_out/traffic_in can often be fixed by clicking on the green circle next to SNMP - Interface Statistics for the devices having problems.

If the indexes for the interfaces are constantly changing, you might want to change the re-index method to 'verify all fields', but this will result in a performance hit.