upgrade to .86g broke processor and mounted partition.

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

that_kid

upgrade to .86g broke processor and mounted partition.

Post by that_kid »

So I upgraded from cacti .86f to .86g and I started getting errors from some of the computers I was polling. On most but not all of the computers I lost the ability to get processor and mounted partition information. These graphs were just working prior to the update. So I tried re-creating the host and same error. Next I setup a new cati installation and added the host but I recieved the same errors. I then put .86f on the new installation and was able to graph the host. So I rolled back to .86f on my other installation. Cacti is installed on win2k3 server and when trying .86g I made sure to change user to system.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Please make sure that you keep the copies of the scripts and resources from the new version. Don't overwrite with older versions. Then repopulate your poller cache.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
that_kid

Post by that_kid »

Ok will give that a try tonight.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

They didn't break for me.
that_kid

Post by that_kid »

The weird thing is that some hosts still worked while others didn't. Anyhow I copied over the new directories and reset the poller cache and will see what happens.

**Update**
I put the new resource and scripts directory back and cleared the poller cache and I lost those items again. Like before I lost the cpu and mounted partition information on all but one remote host and the local cacti machine itself. All other local machines were fine. So for now I'm back at .86f. Cactid gives me this error for those hosts "WARNING: Result from SERVER not valid. Partial Result: ..." The other hosts are windows xp machines and windows 2003 servers
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Turn the polling level in cacti to debug (Settings | Polling level) for one cycle and paste the output of the log file (./cacti/cacti.log). If it contains WEBLOG entries, then don't bother posting since they just clutter up the log. Turn off WEBEVENTS logging and try again.
that_kid

Post by that_kid »

Ok here's the log, I posted the file as the log was very long. Problem hosts are bige,br-net5,br-net3,richelieu fileserver and cacti.
fmangeant
Cacti Guru User

Post by fmangeant »

I have quite the same problem...

On a fresh 0.8.6g installation, graphs for winxp disks are ok.
But after a 0.8.6f -> 0.8.6g upgrade, these graphs show only 0.00 :

[size=84]
[color=green]HOWTOs[/color] :
[list][*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=15353]Install and configure the Net-SNMP agent for Unix[/url]
[*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=26151]Install and configure the Net-SNMP agent for Windows[/url]
[*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=28175]Graph multiple servers using an SNMP proxy[/url][/list]
[color=green]Templates[/color] :
[list][*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=15412]Multiple CPU usage for Linux[/url]
[*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?p=125152]Memory & swap usage for Unix[/url][/list][/size]
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Please increase your timeout. Prior version of the SS did not respect the hosts timeout value. I have to set the timeout to 8000 for some of my busier servers.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
Gremlin

Post by Gremlin »

I've got the exact same issue. Clean install of .g and no data retrieved from the SNMP Get Partitions or SNMP Get Processor queries yet I've got a .f install on another machine which does seem to be retrieving data fine.

I tried increasing the SNMP timeout as you can see below, but no change (didn't really expect it too either), these servers are basically sitting idle 99% of the time anyway.

Verbose Query (IP's changed to xxx to protect the innocent ;))

Code: Select all

+ Running data query [8].
+ Found type = '6 '[script query].
+ Found data query XML file at '/var/www/html/cacti/resource/script_server/host_disk.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ Executing script for list of indexes '/usr/bin/php -q /var/www/html/cacti/scripts/ss_host_disk.php xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 3 1:161:10000:gremlin:::MD5::[None] index'
+ Executing script query '/usr/bin/php -q /var/www/html/cacti/scripts/ss_host_disk.php xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 3 1:161:10000:gremlin:::MD5::[None] query index'
+ Executing script query '/usr/bin/php -q /var/www/html/cacti/scripts/ss_host_disk.php xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 3 1:161:10000:gremlin:::MD5::[None] query description'
+ Executing script query '/usr/bin/php -q /var/www/html/cacti/scripts/ss_host_disk.php xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 3 1:161:10000:gremlin:::MD5::[None] query sau'
+ Found data query XML file at '/var/www/html/cacti/resource/script_server/host_disk.xml'

+ Running data query [9].
+ Found data query XML file at '/var/www/html/cacti/resource/script_server/host_cpu.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ Executing script for list of indexes '/usr/bin/php -q /var/www/html/cacti/scripts/ss_host_cpu.php xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 3 1:161:10000:gremlin:::MD5::[None] index'
+ Executing script query '/usr/bin/php -q /var/www/html/cacti/scripts/ss_host_cpu.php xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 3 1:161:10000:gremlin:::MD5::[None] query index'
+ Found data query XML file at '/var/www/html/cacti/resource/script_server/host_cpu.xml'
I'm running SNMP Informant Standard on all of these servers, I wonder if thats a clue ?? ... The SNMP Interface Statistics is working fine for all of these servers.

EDIT: I believe SNMP Informant could be the clue afterall, just loaded another machine into cacti that I hadn't gotten around to installing SNMP Informant on to yet and it seems to be finding all of the various SNMP Processor/Partition info.

+ XML file parsed ok.
+ Executing script for list of indexes '/usr/bin/php -q /var/www/html/cacti/scripts/ss_host_disk.php xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 6 1:161:500:gremlin:::MD5::[None] index'
+ Executing script query '/usr/bin/php -q /var/www/html/cacti/scripts/ss_host_disk.php xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 6 1:161:500:gremlin:::MD5::[None] query index'
+ Found item [hrStorageIndex='1'] index: 1
+ Found item [hrStorageIndex='2'] index: 2
+ Found item [hrStorageIndex='3'] index: 3
+ Found item [hrStorageIndex='4'] index: 4
+ Found item [hrStorageIndex='5'] index: 5
+ Found item [hrStorageIndex='6'] index: 6
+ Found item [hrStorageIndex='7'] index: 7
+ Executing script query '/usr/bin/php -q /var/www/html/cacti/scripts/ss_host_disk.php xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 6 1:161:500:gremlin:::MD5::[None] query description'
+ Found item [hrStorageDescr='C: Label:Serial Number 40c1a0be'] index: 1
+ Found item [hrStorageDescr='D: Label:Serial Number 8444293e'] index: 2
+ Found item [hrStorageDescr='E: Label:Serial Number e84589ea'] index: 3
+ Found item [hrStorageDescr='X: Label:BACKUP SETS Serial Number 90f3bae6'] index: 4
+ Found item [hrStorageDescr='Z:'] index: 5
+ Found item [hrStorageDescr='Virtual Memory'] index: 6
+ Found item [hrStorageDescr='Physical Memory'] index: 7
+ Executing script query '/usr/bin/php -q /var/www/html/cacti/scripts/ss_host_disk.php xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 6 1:161:500:gremlin:::MD5::[None] query sau'
+ Found item [hrStorageAllocationUnits='4096'] index: 1
+ Found item [hrStorageAllocationUnits='4096'] index: 2
+ Found item [hrStorageAllocationUnits='4096'] index: 3
+ Found item [hrStorageAllocationUnits='4096'] index: 4
+ Found item [hrStorageAllocationUnits='0'] index: 5
+ Found item [hrStorageAllocationUnits='65536'] index: 6
+ Found item [hrStorageAllocationUnits='65536'] index: 7
fmangeant
Cacti Guru User

Post by fmangeant »

I still have problems with ss_host_disk.php and 0.8.6g...

On a fresh 0.8.6f installation, it works fine :

$ php /cacti/086f/script_server.php
PHP Script Server has Started - Parent is cmd
/cacti/086f/scripts/ss_host_disk.php ss_host_disk 10.50.8.55 public 1 2 161 500 get total 2
quit
PHP Script Server Shutdown request received, exiting
On a fresh 0.8.6g installation, it doesn't work (I get '0'):

$ php /cacti/086g/script_server.php
/cacti/0.8.6g/scripts/ss_host_disk.php ss_host_disk 10.50.8.55 909 1:161:50000:public:::MD5::[None] get total 2
quit
Last edited by fmangeant on Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=84]
[list][*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=15353]Install and configure the Net-SNMP agent for Unix[/url]
[*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=26151]Install and configure the Net-SNMP agent for Windows[/url]
[*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=28175]Graph multiple servers using an SNMP proxy[/url][/list]
[list][*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=15412]Multiple CPU usage for Linux[/url]
[*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?p=125152]Memory & swap usage for Unix[/url][/list][/size]
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Make doubly sure that you have the latest version of the ss_host_disk and ss_host_cpu in your scripts directory and that you did not overwrite them with the old ones.

TheWitness

fmangeant
Cacti Guru User

Post by fmangeant »

TheWitness wrote:Make doubly sure that you have the latest version of the ss_host_disk and ss_host_cpu in your scripts directory and that you did not overwrite them with the old ones.
Hi Larry

I tested again this morning, here are the results :

- fresh 0.8.6f install : OK

$ php /cacti/086f/script_server.php
/cacti/086f/scripts/ss_host_disk.php ss_host_disk 10.50.8.55 public 1 2 161 50000 get total 2
quit
- fresh 0.8.6g install : OK

$ php /cacti/086g/script_server.php
/cacti/086g/scripts/ss_host_disk.php ss_host_disk 10.50.8.55 2 1:161:500:public:::MD5::[None] get total 2
quit
- my 0.8.6f + patches production server : OK

$ php /cacti/cacti-0.8.6f/script_server.php
/cacti/cacti-0.8.6f/scripts/ss_host_disk.php ss_host_disk 10.50.8.55 public 1 909 161 50000 get total 2
quit
- the same production server upgraded to 0.8.6g (poller cache cleared), existing device : OK

$ php /cacti/cacti-0.8.6g/script_server.php
/cacti/cacti-0.8.6g/scripts/ss_host_disk.php ss_host_disk 10.50.8.55 909 1:161:50000:public:::MD5::[None] get total 2
quit
- same server, new device : NOK :(

php /cacti/cacti-0.8.6g/script_server.php
/cacti/cacti-0.8.6g/scripts/ss_host_disk.php ss_host_disk 10.50.8.55 910 1:161:50000:public:::MD5::[None] get total 2
quit
The new device is a copy of an exiting device (same host template, IP address, SNMP timeout).

So it seems that after upgrading to 0.8.6g, new data sources from ss_host_disk.php don't work anymore.

Regards,

Frédéric
[size=84]
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Could you please verify with the new device that your indexes come accross fine. You might want perform a verbose query and post the results of that query and the next attempt to poll.

Thanks,

Larry

p.s. I am struggling to keep up... It may take me a while to review this one in detail. A little help on solving this from the Cacti community may be beneficial.

fmangeant
Cacti Guru User

Post by fmangeant »

With the new device :

+ Found data query XML file at '/cacti/cacti-0.8.6g/resource/script_server/host_disk.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ Executing script for list of indexes '/usr/bin/php -q /cacti/cacti-0.8.6g/scripts/ss_host_disk.php 10.50.8.55 910 1:161:50000:public:::MD5::[None] index'
+ Executing script query '/usr/bin/php -q /cacti/cacti-0.8.6g/scripts/ss_host_disk.php 10.50.8.55 910 1:161:50000:public:::MD5::[None] query index'
+ Executing script query '/usr/bin/php -q /cacti/cacti-0.8.6g/scripts/ss_host_disk.php 10.50.8.55 910 1:161:50000:public:::MD5::[None] query description'
+ Found item [hrStorageDescr='C: Label: Serial Number f41a2297'] index: 1
+ Found item [hrStorageDescr='D: Label: Serial Number 816fb0b'] index: 2
+ Found item [hrStorageDescr='E: Label:LCD4_1061_05_VOLUME1 Serial Number be366650'] index: 3
+ Found item [hrStorageDescr='Virtual Memory'] index: 4
+ Found item [hrStorageDescr='Physical Memory'] index: 5
+ Executing script query '/usr/bin/php -q /cacti/cacti-0.8.6g/scripts/ss_host_disk.php 10.50.8.55 910 1:161:50000:public:::MD5::[None] query sau'
+ Found item [hrStorageAllocationUnits='4096'] index: 1
+ Found item [hrStorageAllocationUnits='4096'] index: 2
+ Found item [hrStorageAllocationUnits='2048'] index: 3
+ Found item [hrStorageAllocationUnits='65536'] index: 4
+ Found item [hrStorageAllocationUnits='65536'] index: 5
+ Found data query XML file at '/cacti/cacti-0.8.6g/resource/script_server/host_disk.xml'
With the "old" device :

Running data query [8].
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ Executing script for list of indexes '/usr/bin/php -q /cacti/cacti-0.8.6g/scripts/ss_host_disk.php 10.50.8.55 909 1:161:50000:public:::MD5::[None] index'
+ Executing script query '/usr/bin/php -q /cacti/cacti-0.8.6g/scripts/ss_host_disk.php 10.50.8.55 909 1:161:50000:public:::MD5::[None] query index'
+ Executing script query '/usr/bin/php -q /cacti/cacti-0.8.6g/scripts/ss_host_disk.php 10.50.8.55 909 1:161:50000:public:::MD5::[None] query description'
+ Executing script query '/usr/bin/php -q /cacti/cacti-0.8.6g/scripts/ss_host_disk.php 10.50.8.55 909 1:161:50000:public:::MD5::[None] query sau'
+ Found item [hrStorageAllocationUnits=''] index: 1
+ Found item [hrStorageAllocationUnits=''] index: 2
+ Found item [hrStorageAllocationUnits=''] index: 3
+ Found item [hrStorageAllocationUnits=''] index: 4
+ Found item [hrStorageAllocationUnits=''] index: 5
[size=84]