graphs on win2k

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

graphs on win2k

Post by guest »

I have been trying to get cacti up for the last couple days or so. I am forced to use Win2k for a project and would rather a Linux flavor. I have set it up before on Linux with no problems. Anyway,
I have installed ucd-snmp, active perl5.6.1, unxutils, php4.1.3, apache1.3.27, rrdtool1.0.35, mysql3.23.53. I am having the followig problems.

1) I am getting errors when I run cmd.php from command line. Below is a sample shot.

C:\php>php c:\apache\htdocs\cacti\cmd.php
'w' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
awk: cmd. line:1: '{print
awk: cmd. line:1: ^ Invalid char ''' in expression

Bad operator (condInclude): At line 3 in C:\usr\mibs/UCD-SNMP-MIB.inc

The system cannot find the path specified.
cat: /proc/meminfo: No such file or directory
'ps' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
wc: /var/log/httpd/access_log: No such file or directory
'uptime' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
Timeout: No Response from 10.0.0.50.
X-Powered-By: PHP/4.1.2
Content-type: text/html

<br>
<b>Fatal error</b>: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in <b>c:\php4
\pear\include\snmp_functions.php</b> on line <b>54</b><br>

2) No data is being graphed or possibly not gathered.
I am seeing graphs on cacti though. I am just not getting any data gathered. I tested in the cron printout screen hitting the "SHOW OUTPUT" link and am getting no data gathered.

I tested snmp from the command line and am getting the data fine there. The rrds are created in my rra folder and there is some inof in my rrd.log file.

Is there a way in windows to check rrdtool while it is gathering info? Like a debug? Is there something else I need in Windows to get the graphs going.

Any ideas or help is appreciated.

Mark
Flux

Post by Flux »

Graphs on Win2k

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the pointer. I actually have looked at all of those links extensively before. I am thinking my biggest problem is the response timeouts I am getting. I am thinking that is why there is no data being graphed. Those links don't really give me any insight to that. I have looked at the cmd.php program to see where it is calling certain functions, but do not know php that well. Is there anyway to test out the php files to see what is bbeing gathered? other than the "SHOW OUTPUT" in cacti? I have checked the oids again to make sure they work. SNMP shoots me the right info but the cmd.php script must be querying wrong. I am sure it is probably a windows thing, but I am stuck with that. Anybody have any ideas on these timeouts?

Thanks,

Mark