Moving cacti to a new server

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

zbose

Moving cacti to a new server

Post by zbose »

Is there any way to change what base_path resolves to? Do I have to edit it in mysql?

Thanks,
Justin
zbose

Post by zbose »

More information:
I moved the files and install over and everything is displaying fine within cacti, but when I go to run the poller I get a bunch of these:

ERROR: opening '/var/www/html/cacti/rra/server_ms_cpu_utilization_639.rrd': No such file or directory

Problem is, my rrds are all stored in /srv/www/vhosts/cacti/rra now.

Any idea on how to correct this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Justin
zbose

Post by zbose »

Update:

I still have not found the solution to this problem. I temporarily worked around it by sym linking the old dir to the new one and it is working. I would much prefer to know how to do this correctly.

Anyone? I just need to know if/what table in mysql the path information for the RRA files is stored.

Thanks,
Justin
seveny

mysql

Post by seveny »

hi,

what about this:

INSERT INTO `settings` VALUES ('path_webroot','/home/mbtechintra/cacti-0.8.6e');

i examined my mysql-dump for my base-bath.

check your cacti mysql table!

--sd
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

That setting is updated automatically with you run the poller or access the page. If I recall correctly.
[size=117][i][b]Tony Roman[/b][/i][/size]
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
zbose

Re: mysql

Post by zbose »

seveny wrote:hi,

what about this:

INSERT INTO `settings` VALUES ('path_webroot','/home/mbtechintra/cacti-0.8.6e');

i examined my mysql-dump for my base-bath.

check your cacti mysql table!

--sd
Yes, this table has the correct values already... For some reason poller.php does not seem to be looking at them! Thanks for the reply though. I wasn't sure if there was another area that cacti was looking at for path settings.
zbose

Post by zbose »

rony wrote:That setting is updated automatically with you run the poller or access the page. If I recall correctly.
For some reason it is still looking in the old location. If I remove my sym link that I have and run php poller manually I get:

Code: Select all

ERROR: opening '/var/www/html/cacti/rra/user_switch_12th_2_37_traffic_in_221.rrd': No such file or directory
ERROR: opening '/var/www/html/cacti/rra/user_switch_12th_2_37_traffic_in_220.rrd': No such file or directory
ERROR: opening '/var/www/html/cacti/rra/user_switch_12th_2_37_traffic_in_219.rrd': No such file or directory
ERROR: opening '/var/www/html/cacti/rra/user_switch_12th_2_37_traffic_in_199.rrd': No such file or directory
I have no idea where it is pulling that path... but it is getting it somewhere.

Thanks,
Justin
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

*slaps hand to forhead*

Sorry, slow mental day for me.... :o

In the web interface, goto "System Utilities" and click on "Clear Poller Cache". This will rebuild the poller cache and set all the correct paths to the files. You will see output when this command is done running, "Clear" isn't a good word, it's mostly rebuilding it.
[size=117][i][b]Tony Roman[/b][/i][/size]
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
zbose

Post by zbose »

rony wrote:*slaps hand to forhead*

Sorry, slow mental day for me.... :o

In the web interface, goto "System Utilities" and click on "Clear Poller Cache". This will rebuild the poller cache and set all the correct paths to the files. You will see output when this command is done running, "Clear" isn't a good word, it's mostly rebuilding it.
Ah hah! Thank you very much. Sorry I didn't figure that out on my own... I guess I am having a slow mental week :)

-Justin