Howto get data and graph template to work

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

seveny

Howto get data and graph template to work

Post by seveny »

Hi all,

using 0.8.6f and a weatherstation ws2300 with serial connection to my host.

I did this:

- created a data template with 12 data sources for rrdtool in one rra
- created 7 graphtemplates to show these values

and get the following problem:

after importing all templates and creation of all graphs I get 7 different data source items instead of one! so everything is mixed up and the graphs can not be created by rrdtool.

it is possible to change the the data sources in the graphs manually to make it work.

does anybody know where the file to the rra is created and if can set that to a specific name? i checked all xml-files but found nothing that looks like a filename...

templates could be downloaded at http://www.knopfdruck.net/projekte/linu ... /download/
I want to give them away to the community when they work.
The version online right now is beta and needs testing.

It includes also a php-fake script which you can use if you don't have that weather station and just want to try it out.

thanks for any hints at all!

--sd
Last edited by seveny on Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
gandalf
Developer

Re: Howto get data and graph template to work

Post by gandalf »

seveny wrote:- created a data template with 12 data sources for rrdtool in one rra
- created 7 graphs to show these values
after importing all templates and creation of all graphs I get 7 different data sources instead of one! so everything is mixed up and the graphs can not be created by rrdtool.
templates could be downloaded at http://www.knopfdruck.net/projekte/linu ... /download/
Seveny,
I'm kinda confused by your description. You created 12 ds in rra ... how? Using cacti's panels? You created the graphs and afterwards imported them? Sorry, didn't get access to your website.
Reinhard
seveny

Re: Howto get data and graph template to work

Post by seveny »

lvm wrote: Seveny,
I'm kinda confused by your description. You created 12 ds in rra ... how? Using cacti's panels? You created the graphs and afterwards imported them? Sorry, didn't get access to your website.
Reinhard
Sorry, I meant "Data Source Items" and only one DS inside Cacti.

You can see them in the data-template (website should be available, checked it right now).

--sd