pix firewall template

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Bioman

Post by Bioman »

Bioman wrote:Sorry for the flood, but I also cannot get any Interface information... Anything I have to do ?...

Thanx :roll:
This one's OK. But still don't know about the memory stuff...
bytebanditkiller

memory problem

Post by bytebanditkiller »

hy

i had the same problem with my connections... there where too much connections for the graph to handle. so now the connections work :-)

but i still have the problem with the memory... there is no data souce at all. does someone know why... (cacti basic?).

thx

Post by Guest »

Bioman wrote:Hi !
I just uploaded this PIX template to my Cacti server.
Both the CPU and Conns graphs are created. Though, for the moment, there is no data in it (might be normal as this firewall is not busy at all for now).

I have a problem with the Memory graph.
The graph templates does NOT refere to any data source at all.

For instance, for the Connection graph, there has been a pixconn data template created, and this template is used to create the Conn graph.
The memory data template does not exist... How come ?

Thanx for your help...

Hi all that is the same here, no data source for memory usage.
The OID for connection count is OK
PIX is 6.3.1 and Cacti is 0.8.6.c

CPU and Interface are Ok
superdave913

Modified Cisco PIX Template

Post by superdave913 »

I used the previously posted template... edited... and created a new one. I hope that the original poster is not insulted....
Attachments
cacti_host_template_cisco_pix_515_firewall.xml
Cisco PIX Firewall Template
(131.9 KiB) Downloaded 6832 times
superdave913

Graph Template for Cisco PIX Memory

Post by superdave913 »

Here is a Graph Template for Cisco PIX Memory
Attachments
cacti_graph_template_cisco_pix_memory.xml
Cisco PIX Firewall Memory Template
(14.12 KiB) Downloaded 3783 times
churchi

Post by churchi »

hey superdave,

would you happen to have a template or graph template so i could add the in and out BW for the PIX.
along with the cpu and connections the in and our + total BW would be excellent to show as well.

just wondering if this is possible.

thanks
gkuchera

Can't get SNMP infor from you PIX try this....

Post by gkuchera »

For those of you not able to get information from your pix, I put some details in this forum that may help.

http://forums.cacti.net/about6316.html
Geoff Kuchera
MLT Vacations, Inc.
egarnel
Cacti Pro User

Post by egarnel »

Thanks for the new template. I'm glad to see someone improve upon it. It was my 1st template for Cacti which was created for .8.4..
I haven't revisited it in a while.
thesg

GREAT TEMPLATE

Post by thesg »

Thanks for the great template! :D
solefald

Post by solefald »

great template indeed, i did have to change CPU Utilization graph size so it matches the rest of the graphs.

thank you !
johnk

Post by johnk »

I got all of the templates working with our PIX 525's, but for some reason, the "Connections" do not graph for our 515....any thoughts?

->nevermind...I got it sorted out :)
elebel

Found the problem with the Connection template

Post by elebel »

Hi found what the problem was with the Connection and Mem graph. The OID must start with a dot in the template. Just edit the data template and add a dot at the begin of each oid. If a dot is already present leave the leading dot.

BTW, thanks for this cool template.
Etienne
johnk

Post by johnk »

Does anyone know of a way to be able to graph tcp connnections and udp connections much like the way the pix itself does through it's network interface?
bab5470

Notes

Post by bab5470 »

Here are my notes from trying to get this to work. Hopefully they spare someone the pain that I just went through. I'm running cacti cacti-0.8.6h with a Cisco PIX 515 firmware 6.3(5).

- I used the templates posted by superdave913 (http://forums.cacti.net/download.php?id=1165) and (http://forums.cacti.net/download.php?id=1166)

- elebel's post beneath that is very important! I had to place dots in front of the OIDs to get several graphs to work also - no idea why.

- Here are the OID's I used:
Free Proc .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.48.1.1.1.6.1
I/O Memory .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.48.1.1.1.5.1
PIX Connections .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.147.1.2.2.2.1.5.40.6

- The CPU Utilization graph isn't the same size as the other graphs. I went into console -> templates -> graph templates -> "Cisco - CPU Usage" and changed the Height to 120 and the Width to 500 in the "graph template" table
kelbyc
Cacti User

PIX connections graph

Post by kelbyc »

I'm using these same graphs and templates. However, my graph is not showing the correct data. Memory and CPU work great. But, if I do an snmpwalk and if I look at the results output in my Cacti Log for PIX connections they are the same. However, on the graph it's showing a completely different number. Any idea why this would be the case? Also, in my graph there is an "m" beside my numbers. For example 200m connections. Where does this m come from and why doesn't it show just 200 like it should?