Skipping Cacti Graphs?

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

GrammatonCleric

Skipping Cacti Graphs?

Post by GrammatonCleric »

Hi,
I recently upgraded to cacti-0.8.6d. After doing so I started seeing graphs that the data appears to be skipping.

http://linuxjunkie.net/images/graph_image.png

Any ideas what could be casuing this issue?

Thanks!
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

We have been seeing this issue with SOME installations and have not tracked it down to a specific problem. I am still looking for someone who is experiencing the problem to work through it with me.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
bryantg

Skipping Graphs

Post by bryantg »

TheWitness wrote:We have been seeing this issue with SOME installations and have not tracked it down to a specific problem. I am still looking for someone who is experiencing the problem to work through it with me.

TheWitness
I also have an installation that has a newly created set of graphs skippng. I am also having a creation problem on a different device. Both were created on the yesterday. Previous devices had graphs added to them with no problems.

cacti 0.8.6e
FC3
rrd 1.2.1
Mysql 3.23.58
GrammatonCleric

Post by GrammatonCleric »

I figured out the issue some time again. What I found was that when I upgraded versions that there where two poller processes running, which was eating up I/O and CPU. I believe that I had one running via cron and another via cactid. I stopped the cactid process and the graphs stopped skipping....

G.
bryantg

Post by bryantg »

What I found on mine was that I had installed a device and was watching spamassisan and it was failing. When I started adding new devices after the email server I had problems. I removed the email server and it started working.