Strange auth.php errors in solaris and RH7.3

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

brainchill

Strange auth.php errors in solaris and RH7.3

Post by brainchill »

I have 3 machines that I tried to install this on.

One is running solaris with
Apache 1.3.26/php4.2.3 with mysql

One is running Redhat Linux 7.3
Apache 1.3.22/php4.1.2 with mysql

on both hosts I am running several other
applications that use both php and mysql

the problem is on either one when I try to install
cacti I get this

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/apache/htdocs/cacti/include/auth.php on line 77

it gets more unusual however ... I searched this forum and found a php.ini file to try and use and it did nothing

I have yet a third Redhat 7.3 machine that runs cacti fine out of the box
and it has exactly the same php and apache packages installed as the one that doesn't work ...I decided to copy the php.ini file from it to the one that wasn't working and still nothing.

If someone would like to look I can supply the urls
shadow

Post by shadow »

I had the same problem, and tried many things to try and solve it except going into the code to poke around due to time constraints. I eventually just checked the box to not use cacti authentication and all was fine after that, so I created my own login screen for cacti.
shadow

Post by shadow »

I had the same problem, and tried many things to try and solve it except going into the code to poke around due to time constraints. I eventually just checked the box to not use cacti authentication and all was fine after that, so I created my own login screen for cacti.
brainchill

I also get this when I do the install ...

Post by brainchill »

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/apache/htdocs/cacti/include/version_functions.php on line 176

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/apache/htdocs/cacti/include/version_functions.php:73) in /var/apache/htdocs/cacti/install.php on line 126