Support for multiple DS's per RRD

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

raX
Lead Developer

Post by raX »

Let me say that there are plans I guess, but I am not sure when I will impliment this. Support for multiple data source entries per .rrd file would require structural changes on cacti's part and I would have to make sure to do this in the most efficient way possible.

If you have any further suggestions on the matter, feel free to post away though.

-Ian
zentigger

Post by zentigger »

That sounds exactly like what I am looking for, unless there is some other way to achieve this.
I am monitoring a network with many high latency links (satellite) and would like to be able to track min/max/avg ping times--a fairly simple hack of the ping.pl script produces these results. Cacti will allow me to create a data input source that uses my new ping.pl and define multiple output fields for it, but I can't seem to find anywhere that will allow me to access all three "outputs" and graph them.
Any thoughts?
tmn4you

Post by tmn4you »

At a start I am a newbee on the sql stuff.
I have tried to make the reverse engineer on the db in to visio, but i don’t seems to get any relations between the tables. ?? Could that be right. ??

/kent