ACK!!! Moved Cacti box and cant log in now, get site still

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

khutton
Cacti User

ACK!!! Moved Cacti box and cant log in now, get site still

Post by khutton »

I moved my Cacti box (RH Linux) from one switch to another and now I can not log into the site. It just returns me to the login screen. Over and over. Not sure what happened or if it really has anything to do with the move but I just cant get passed the login screen. Any ideas?
raX
Lead Developer

Post by raX »

The recursive login screen problem is typically a PHP problem. Especially on newer Redhat installations (8.0 in particular), make sure the following php.ini settings are set:

Code: Select all

short_open_tag          =       On
register_argc_argv      =       On
register_globals        =       On
Also make sure your sessions are working properly and are able to create files in /tmp.

-Ian
khutton
Cacti User

Post by khutton »

The settings are the same. This box has been up for months. I just moved it out of my cub and put it in the server room and the login issue started. I think I am just going to rebuild the box and perfect my install directions. :D
raX
Lead Developer

Post by raX »

Not a bad idea. Just wondering, what version of Redhat is on the old and new boxes? Redhat likes to change default PHP/Apache settings between versions it seems.

-Ian
khutton
Cacti User

Post by khutton »

I just moved the physical box, not an update to OS. The box is running RH 7.3. I just unplugged it and moved it and plugged it back in and then blam, no way to log in. It was kind of weird. I just need to move the rra files over and rebuild the machine. I take it there are a lot of people having problems with RH 8.0? Does it have to do with Apache 2.0 or is everyone still running 1.xx?
Flux

Post by Flux »

I'm just speculating but could it be the /etc/hosts file that's causing the problem?

Flux :o
Flux

Post by Flux »

FYI

I switched to a different gateway address last night and made the changes accordingly in RedHat 8. I rebooted and checked my router traffic graphs. The graphs didn't show any plotted data after the time I made the change over, even though the rra files were being updated. I even tried refreshing my snmp interfaces for the router but still no go. After about an hour trying to figure out the problem, I decided to delete the graphs in the hierarchy tree and re-add it back in. Voila!!...the graphs generated the missing data, except for the point where I rebooted, and continued to hum on where I originally had left it.

Flux :o