Better sorting ability for graph tree items

Anything that you think should be in Cacti.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Pumpi
Cacti User

Better sorting ability for graph tree items

Post by Pumpi »

Hello,

I'd like to see a better handling of the graph tree items.

What I miss is to move or sort existing graph trees like headers or graphs.

See http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=7063

Possibilty to collapse existing headers/graphs when adding these items will be helpful. In the existing version 0.8.6c you have to scroll a lot of times when adding complex graphs/headers to graph trees.
dlc

Post by dlc »

I'll second the request for a collapsible tree view in the Console -> Graph Trees -> (edit) view. I would also really like to see a filter that can be applied to the dropdown list of graphs to add as leaf nodes; either a regexp or a hostname filter. That list also gets extremely long after adding just a few large routers or switches.
jbarbieri
Cacti User

Post by jbarbieri »

I would also like to chime in on this.

What I would like to see is being able to choose an item, and then being able to select the exact spot you want it to go. Theres nothing like having to move one graph from the bottom of the list, and move it 80 times to get it to the top of the list, and having to do that about 5 times per graph tree set.

Another great idea would possibly be able to select multiple items (if you have to move a lot of them down the tree). This happened to me because i have a naming scheme like:

Interface Cable 1/0 Upstream 1
Interface Cable 1/0 Upstream 2
etc
then there is

Interface Cable 10/0 ...
Interface Cable 11/0 ...

then it goes down to

Interface Cable 2/0 ...

With 8 ports per cable blade, so I have to move all of Cable 10 and Cable 11 interfaces, down about 50 spots EACH. Thats a lot of mouse clicking :-?
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Change the sort order from alphabetic to numeric.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
Pelin

Post by Pelin »

I'd like to be able to sort graphs for a device on current bandwidth usage (to find who is currently the greatest hog)....
jbarbieri
Cacti User

Post by jbarbieri »

TheWitness wrote:Change the sort order from alphabetic to numeric.

TheWitness
Not sure if you were talking to me or not, but it did not work for me.

neither selection works, i have to go back and move one interface all the way back to the top out of 80 interfaces
Frances
Cacti User

Post by Frances »

I'd love to see the ability to sort by 'top talker' status, as it were. If you've got, say, three dozen routers and you're experiencing bizarre intermittant difficulties, it would be convenient to immediately list device by highest CPU utilization in descending order.