Cisco Interface-Description

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

zorrolero

Cisco Interface-Description

Post by zorrolero »

Hi all,

in my "Graph Template" for the Data Query "SNMP Interface Statistics" I use to get the graph-headline by asking the device with "|query_ifDesc|" for the Interface-Description. This works really fine, but if the Interface-Description is updated, the graph-headline will not be updated. :-(

So I have to delete the device and create it for a second time to get the updated Interface-Description/graph-headline. My question is, if there's an other way (without deleting/creating the device) to get an updated graph-headline....

THX in advance for any suggestions!

groetjes
zorrolero
Paul Thexton

Post by Paul Thexton »

Have you tried refreshing the interface snmp query? (under the device, you'll see the query and a red x (remove) and green circle (refresh) next to it - click the green circle).
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

Yah, don't delete the device.... :(

You can update the Data query by clicking the little green circle by the Interfaces line in the Data query section.

Then you may have to go to Graph Management and reapply suggested names.
[size=117][i][b]Tony Roman[/b][/i][/size]
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
zorrolero

Post by zorrolero »

Okilidohey,

thx a lot for your help! Thats the button I searched for....

Sorry for my blindness and keep up the excellent work!

groetjes
zorrolero