RRD1.2.x cygwin and perl56 logging and graphing strangeness

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Grand Master Wierdo

RRD1.2.x cygwin and perl56 logging and graphing strangeness

Post by Grand Master Wierdo »

Hi,

I have just upgraded to Cacti 0.8.6d.
Originally I installed RRDTool from the rrdtool-1.2.6-win32-perl58.zip distribution. Everything seemed to be working, graphs being drawn etc. But then I noticed that new data was not being logged.
I traced this, by running the poller from the command line, to the 'change root' problem. After searching the forums I downloaded and installed the RRDTool from the rrdtool-cygwin-1.2.8.zip distribution. Logging then worked correctly again. Horrah :D
However, going into view any graphs, the graphic is not drawn (Little red x picture). Boooo :cry:
Changing between the versions of RRDTool, using the perl58 version draws my graphs wonderfully, but logging fails. And using the cygwin version, logging works perfectly but graph generation fails.

Anyone have any ideas, suggestions, magic?

Thanks.

GMW
Grand Master Wierdo

Post by Grand Master Wierdo »

Solved :D
The cygwin version fixes the change root problem, but in order to get the graphs working correctly I needed to set the RRD_DEFUALT_FONT environment variable, as specified in the README with RRDTool, that I didn't read. DOH!

I love this software!

Cheers

GMW
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Apply the patches from the Cacti site and you will find much more font control under both Settings->Visual and Graph Settings. Enjoy!! Once you have figured it out, post some of your graphics if you like.

TheWitness :)
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
CactiPadawan

Post by CactiPadawan »

; ;

How to install patch on Windows XP ?

Thank you.
[My config :
Windows XP Service Pack 2
ActivePerl-5.8.6.811-MSWin32-x86-122208
cacti-0.8.6d
mysql-4.1.12-win32
php-5.0.4-Win32
rrdtool-cygwin-1.2.9
net-snmp-5.2.1
apache_2.0.54-win32-x86-no_ssl]
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

The instructions are on the patch page: http://www.cacti.net/download_patches.php. You will need cygwin installed.

Alternatively, you can just download the prepatched files: http://www.cacti.net/downloads/patches/ ... e-patched/
sacke

Post by sacke »

I´m having the exact same problem.

Tried to add the Enviroment variable, it doesnt help.

Any soulution.

// sacke
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

sacke: start your own thread and describe the problem in detail.