Two problems with graphs

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Alain Tesio

Two problems with graphs

Post by Alain Tesio »

Hi, you can look at my graphics here :

http://www.floc.net/cacti/graph_view.php?action=tree

- all graphics are daily, though I have put daily and weekly graphics, I didn't mess with the round-robin period configuration, when I click on a graphic the daily and weekly graphics are different

- the graphics for the ethernet traffic don't appear, but when I click on source and run the command "rrdtool graph ..." exactly as printed on the screen from the command line I get a nice graphic, any idea why it's not displayed ?

Thanks,
Alain
raX
Lead Developer

Post by raX »

Problem #1:

To make various timespans display on the graph tree, go into your graph settings and change the "Time Span" to '0'. That should make the weekly and daily graphs look different (like they should).

Problem #2:

Usually when executing the rrdtool graph command at the command line works, but not from cacti; it is a permissions issue on the .rrd files. Make sure your webserver user can at least read them.

I recommend going into the console, going to "Graphs", and selecting "Edit Graph Items" next to the broken graph(s). Then select "Turn Graph Output Preview On", which should tell you why the graph is not rendering.

-Ian
Alain Tesio

Post by Alain Tesio »

Both problems solved, thanks !
Dino

Where is the Timespan reside ??

Post by Dino »

Hi Rax,

I could not find the time span setting. Where is it ?

Rgds,
Dino
raX wrote:Problem #1:

To make various timespans display on the graph tree, go into your graph settings and change the "Time Span" to '0'. That should make the weekly and daily graphs look different (like they should).

Problem #2:

Usually when executing the rrdtool graph command at the command line works, but not from cacti; it is a permissions issue on the .rrd files. Make sure your webserver user can at least read them.

I recommend going into the console, going to "Graphs", and selecting "Edit Graph Items" next to the broken graph(s). Then select "Turn Graph Output Preview On", which should tell you why the graph is not rendering.

-Ian