network map

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

mgb wrote:Just tested the editor. Seems there is missing a file called wm.php used for creating / displaying the weathermap. Could you supply this file also?
D'oh! Try renaming editor.php as wm.php - that's what it used to be called. I didn't realise there were any static links in there! I last did work on it before I had a seperate file for the Weathermap class too, so it's possible that things have changed enough that it still doesn't work - I just threw it in the zip.
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Re: regarding version 0.3

Post by Howie »

mgb wrote:Tested your php version today. Didn't had the time earlier on. Version 0.3 creates nearly the same output as my perl script. It looks like I'm missing just one pixel from the right side and the bottom side of the picture.
That's wierd. Mine all look the same. One thing I'll do i in the next version is move the timestamp back to the top again. I found that one of my maps which has a fancy background goes all the way to the bottom...
mgb wrote: Currently you are using the same config file for the perl version of weathermap. Although this moght come in handy when using old config files. I think for a cacti version it would be better to use an XML file since most external cacti files are xml files. Also for the future you can use the standard cacti import and export functionality for the weathermap files too.

Didn't find the time yet to test the editor. The PHP version is working great though.
If I managed to get a more integrated version with Cacti, then I was intending to use some extra tables in the Cacti database for config. The aim would be to have maps be treated as a some kind of special class of graph, so they could appear in trees, and have permissions the same way. I don't know how possible that is. I felt it was worth having at least one PHP version that didn't rely on Cacti first though, so that MRTG users would benefit too (this all still works with MRTG HTML files, after all, so far). Making the move should be a case of tweaking only the WriteConfig and ReadConfig methods, and the class itself can then do conversions from the old test file to the new database - pretty simple.

Once the ability to add RRD DS names is in, which makes the standalone script able to deal with any RRD, from any source, including MRTG and whatever else, then it's probably time to look at a database format with XML import/export for the config. That's the last 'universal' feature I think, before it becomes Cacti-specific stuff again.[/code]
mgb
Cacti User

Post by mgb »

Howie wrote:
mgb wrote:Just tested the editor. Seems there is missing a file called wm.php used for creating / displaying the weathermap. Could you supply this file also?
D'oh! Try renaming editor.php as wm.php - that's what it used to be called. I didn't realise there were any static links in there! I last did work on it before I had a seperate file for the Weathermap class too, so it's possible that things have changed enough that it still doesn't work - I just threw it in the zip.
That did the trick. Although it's in a premature state I think it looks inmpressive. Can't wait to get my hands on a newer version.

Great work,
Thanx.
Howie
Cacti Guru User

PHP Weathermap v0.4 pre-release out

Post by Howie »

http://wotsit.thingy.com/haj/cacti/

For those playing along at home, there's a new version of PHP Weathermap. This one makes changes to the way bandwidth is specified, to make it more logical (you actually say '34M' for a 34Mbit line now). It also includes a full manual, amongst other smaller changes.

It works for me, as usual. I'm sure there are bits I've missed.
mgb
Cacti User

Post by mgb »

Hi Howie,

I saw you moved the date-time block again. Might be handy to make the location dynamic juts like the legend block.

Also, Is it possible to use less than 1percent values. Might be handy for 1G lines which most of the time are not even loaded for 1%.

Will try the new code as soon as I have the time.
Thanx,
Michael
rpingar
Cacti User

Post by rpingar »

I started to use the php version.
I have the problem the let it find rrd file.

I am using it on win32 and php4.3.10
I tried using "\" and "/" without any success.

any help?

Thanks
rpingar
Cacti User

Post by rpingar »

fixed

for those using windows please use this one
Attachments
Weathermap.class.rar
(8.53 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
rpingar
Cacti User

Post by rpingar »

I am having problem about asimmetric link,
in fact each time I specify a BANDWIDTH line with two value a and b I get the error.
rpingar
Cacti User

Post by rpingar »

fixed

another little omission.
change this line:
if(preg_match("/^\s*BANDWIDTH\s+(\d+[KMGT]*)\s+(\d+[KMGT]*)$/i",$buffer,$matches))

with this one:
if(preg_match("/^\s*BANDWIDTH\s+(\d+[KMGT]*)\s+(\d+[KMGT]*)\s*$/i",$buffer,$matches))
jet0202ttt

the value (traffic) is not match ???

Post by jet0202ttt »

Hi Howie,
my platform : win32 , iis5, cacti to create rrd file

i use php-weathermap, i can produce the map, but i find
the inbound and outbound value (traffic) on the map between two
point is not match to the original cacti graphic , so , can anyone help
me ...

english is not my main language , i hope you can understand
what i say .... thank you ..
shadow1975

Post by shadow1975 »

Has this been completed yet as would very interested in using it for the network infrastructure i support.

thanks
jerrychen

Post by jerrychen »

weathermap4rrd

http://weathermap4rrd.tropicalex.net/

Nice Tool!!! :D
Attachments
001.jpg
001.jpg (121.33 KiB) Viewed 5275 times
shadow1975

Post by shadow1975 »

Do you have the xml files i would need to import to create this graph type?

thanks
mgb
Cacti User

Post by mgb »

@jerrychen

Frankly weathermap4rrd is the same as the tool howie wrote. weathermap4rrd has at the moment more functionality but laks an editor. Currently Howie is working on an editor and fully integration with cacti. Don't know the current status but it's work in progress.

michael
shadow1975

Post by shadow1975 »

Thanks for that cannot wait for it to be used with in cacti. Would make perfect network graphing that would very usefull to my company.

thanks