edit notification email

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

iqbal

edit notification email

Post by iqbal »

I finally managed to run the hold plugin. However, I created some rules for notifications on charts and I don't receive emails

How do notifications work? I use the SMTP hold function to send emails and that's how it works.

Below I attach the settings on my hold

before
An Alert has been issued that requires your attention. <br><br><strong>Device</strong>: <DESCRIPTION> (<HOSTNAME>)<br><strong>URL</strong>: <URL><br><strong>Message</strong>: <SUBJECT><br><br><GRAPH>

after
An Alert has been issued that requires your attention. <br><br><strong>Device</strong>: <DESCRIPTION> (<HOSTNAME>)<br><strong>Location</strong>: <LOCATION><br><strong>URL</strong>: <URL><br><strong>Message</strong>: <SUBJECT><br><br><GRAPH>

However, the location notification does not appear in the email.

i installed cacti on VMware with ubuntu LTS version 24.04 and using thold version 1.8.1

can anyone help and give me a solution?
chrome_vt8rXllANJ.png
chrome_vt8rXllANJ.png (39.11 KiB) Viewed 177 times
Screenshot_2024-09-17-06-10-13-936_com.google.android.gm.jpg
Screenshot_2024-09-17-06-10-13-936_com.google.android.gm.jpg (565.24 KiB) Viewed 177 times
cigamit
Developer

Re: edit notification email

Post by cigamit »

I created some rules for notifications on charts and I don't receive emails
What exactly is your issue?

You say you don't receive emails, but then you post an image of one a thold email you received...

You have bigger issues based upon the graph in the photo. Also, you created the threshold on the hdd_total data input instead of the hdd_used. hdd_total reports the total size of the hard drive, and unless you increase the amount of space, it should never change.
iqbal

Post by iqbal »

What I didn't receive was the empty location info in the email notification even though in the configuration I had added the location syntax as in the image I attached

ask for direction and guidance
macan
Cacti Guru User

Post by macan »

Have you got actual thold version? It is 1.8.1
Let the Cacti grow!
iqbal

Post by iqbal »

I installed it on Thold with version 1.8.1 and this is my first time installing the Thresholds plugin and have never installed another version
chrome_ocaJySxLp5.png
chrome_ocaJySxLp5.png (48.17 KiB) Viewed 162 times
macan
Cacti Guru User

Post by macan »

tested, it seems that there is any bug. I will try to fix it soon
Let the Cacti grow!
iqbal

Post by iqbal »

Thank you for the information and please let me know if the bag has been repaired