Problem with cmd.php?

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

ekool

Post by ekool »

I read the threads earlier about the snmpget not passing along just the response from an SNMP device, but also putting the whole OID in as well.

Here's my problem. I'm trying to poll a cisco router and pull up some info. I've created an SNMP data source with the following information:

IP
Read Community
.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.8.0 (as the OID)

And the command that cacti is running seems to work fine. Cutting and pasting it on the command line yields these results:

So it seems to me that the snmpget command is passing along the data properly, as it should.

I've increased the max in the item to much higher then what is being returned...

The rrd file in the rra directory is the same size as all my other items that are working properly....

When i create a graph, it brings up NAN on all the info. and doesnt graph anything, so i'm at a loss as to what i could be doing wrong.

I have the info set as a "counter" but i also changed it to "gauge" and that didnt change anything either.

Any clues?
raX
Lead Developer

Post by raX »

If the data is coming back ok you want to make sure that cacti can write the data to the .rrd file. Check the owner/permissions on that .rrd file and make sure the user 'cmd.php' is running as has write access to that file.

Also, check the cacti log and see what command is being called to 'update' the .rrd file.

-Ian
chemichon

Post by chemichon »

Rax,

I am having this very problem.
I have snmp getting data from squid. When I go on data sources, it says:

/usr/local/rrdtool/bin/rrdtool create
/home/httpd/cacti/rra/squid_size.rrd
--step 300
DS:squid_size:GAUGE:600:0:1
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:600
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:6:700
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:24:775
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:288:797
RRA:MAX:0.5:1:600
RRA:MAX:0.5:6:700
RRA:MAX:0.5:24:775
RRA:MAX:0.5:288:797

But the graph says NAN

On 2002-01-31 16:50, raX wrote:
If the data is coming back ok you want to make sure that cacti can write the data to the .rrd file. Check the owner/permissions on that .rrd file and make sure the user 'cmd.php' is running as has write access to that file.

Also, check the cacti log and see what command is being called to 'update' the .rrd file.

-Ian
raX
Lead Developer

Post by raX »

This could also be a problem with builtin SNMP support. To check, change line 65 of 'include/config.php' to:

$config["php_snmp_support"] = false;

See if that helps.

-Ian