cmd.php forked

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

ablyler

cmd.php forked

Post by ablyler »

Okay, after not sleeping last night I have make a perl solution that will fork the cmd.php.

There are four files that I have changes/created. Three of them are cmd.php split into different functions.

cmd_start.php calls fork.pl

fork.pl spawns procs for each data source... this is done by calling cmd_proc.php

Please note the creating static content will NOT work.

You can download the modified code @ here.
Last edited by ablyler on Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
ablyler

BUG

Post by ablyler »

I found a bug, my bad. In my excitement I did not fully test my coding. I fixed the coding today @ 8:00 PM EST. I have fully tested it now, and it should work great. Let me know if you find anything.
LarryJAdams@comcast.net

>> Forking Program <<

Post by LarryJAdams@comcast.net »

Could really use this program for Win32/IIS. Any help would be appreciated. I downloaded the earlier version and found some Linux commands in it. I tried to rework it to no avail. I am afraid that I have not been in programming in quite a while. It also looked as though there was a 64 DOS shell limit in Windows2000.

LarryJAdams@comcast.net
ablyler

Win32 Forking

Post by ablyler »

My perl solution is very not very friendly with windows. I actually do alot of windows development and could very easily create a forked win32 application. Would that be a great deal of help to you?
LarryJAdams@comcast.net

>> fork for Win32 <<

Post by LarryJAdams@comcast.net »

Would realy like to see you post it. I was not able to get to your modified code from the post? :wink: :-?
tmn4you

Post by tmn4you »

have anyone been using this with rel. 0.6.8a. ??

The only rrd that is updated after implementing the "fork hack" is system_proc.rrd.

10/11/2002 11:05 AM - CMD: /usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.33/bin/rrdtool update /var/www/html/cacti/rra/system_proc.rrd --template system_proc N:-1

regard/kent
ablyler

Post by ablyler »

What response do you get when you run this sql query?

Code: Select all

select count(*) as intCount from rrd_ds d left join src s on d.srcid=s.id where d.active='on' and d.subdsid=0
tmn4you

Post by tmn4you »

mysql> select count(*) as intCount from rrd_ds d left join src s on d.srcid=s.id where d.active='on' and d.subdsid=0
-> ;
+----------+
| intCount |
+----------+
| 266 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>