User logs out frequently

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

emiliosic

User logs out frequently

Post by emiliosic »

Cacti 1.2.21 on CentOS Stream 8, Stock Apache 2.4.37, PHP 7.2.24 (appstream).
Users authenticate via LDAP, and the problem is that users get logged out after several minutes of inactivity. could not narrow the exact timing down yet, but if auto-refresh of graphics is somehow interrupted and several more minutes go by, the user is either no longer authenticated, and has to login again, or goes back to the login page.
This is even with "Keep me signed in" checked.
I should note that the online help for when enabling session cookies is 90 days, but it's logging out in a matter of minutes.

Any suggestions highly appreciated.
TheWitness
Developer

Re: User logs out frequently

Post by TheWitness »

Try the 1.2.x branch and report back if it's working again.
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
emiliosic

Post by emiliosic »

TheWitness wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:29 am Try the 1.2.x branch and report back if it's working again.
I'm using 1.2.21 RPM from CentOS stream. Did you mean to check out the 1.2.x branch from git?
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Basically. I'm not sure how hacked up the CentOS stream install is though. (aka what default locations they changed

Should be released next weekend though. It takes the packager a bit of time after that if you don't want to tackle the install on your own.

I think it's only 2-3 files.

auth_login.php, include/auth.php, and possibly lib/auth.php.
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?