Cacti 1.x automation

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Empis

Cacti 1.x automation

Post by Empis »

Hello, i have been a friend to Cacti 0.8.x for a long time but since its not developed anymore we have been looking to setup a complete new enviroment with new fresch 1.2.x Cacti. I really like some of the best plugins are merged into the core of Cacti. My first mission is to create automation flow for adding new devices with specific graphs that we want. This feature is awesome but i got stuck pretty early.

I have setup the network to discover and SNMP options for this. This step works perfect and i got my switches with SNMP-data correctly in the discovery filter-list.
Second step is to create Device Rules for automate adding new devices, this is what i can tell pretty simple and its almost the same from the old 0.8.8 version, see attachement. But here we are stuck, even if i purge the discover-results and re-run the discovery, it finds my switches but not adding them do device-list.

Both Enable Automatic Graph Creation and Enable Automatic Tree Item Creation is enabled under Settings.

What are we missing here? I've read the documents about this ( https://cacti.campus-rv.net/docs/Device-Rules.html ) and its very slim in information, but it should be very straight forward.
I tried to make graph rules too, with some hope it should do "more" if there are matching graph rules too but its still no lucky. Graph rules works great if i select a device and choose Add device from Device filter-list.

I am very new to 1.x version so i asking you guys for helping me troubleshoot this very promising tool making my days easier! :D

Edit: Cacti running on a fresch Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and first installed by apt-get, i got version 1.2.10. But when i was stuck with this, i upgraded to 1.2.14 but no success.
Edit2: After some debuging i foundout this query turns red in Cacti-log:

Code: Select all

SELECT at.*,ht.name FROM automation_templates AS at INNER JOIN host_template AS ht ON ht.id=at.host_template WHERE ('HP J9773A 2530-24G-PoEP Switch, revision YA.16.10.0009, ROM YA.15.20 (/ws/swbuildm/rel_ajanta_qaoff/code/build/lakes(swbuildm_rel_ajanta_qaoff_rel_ajanta)) (Formerly ProCurve)' RLIKE sysDescr OR 'HP J9773A 2530-24G-PoEP Switch, revision YA.16.10.0009, ROM YA.15.20 (/ws/swbuildm/rel_ajanta_qaoff/code/build/lakes(swbuildm_rel_ajanta_qaoff_rel_ajanta)) (Formerly ProCurve)' LIKE CONCAT("%", sysDescr, "%")) AND ('.1.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.3.7.11.137' RLIKE sysOid OR '.1.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.3.7.11.137' LIKE CONCAT("%", sysOid, "%")) AND ('sw-garena-bf01-253024GP' RLIKE sysName OR 'sw-garena-bf01-253024GP' LIKE CONCAT("%", sysName, "%")) ORDER BY sequence LIMIT 1
Is MySQL 8.0 fully supported in Cacti 1.2.12? :-?
Attachments
Automation Template Aruba Switch.png
Automation Template Aruba Switch.png (14.65 KiB) Viewed 1404 times
Discovery Filters VLAN-490.png
Discovery Filters VLAN-490.png (206.97 KiB) Viewed 1404 times
Network Discovery VLAN-490.png
Network Discovery VLAN-490.png (50.58 KiB) Viewed 1404 times