Cacti Graphs

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Gomo

Cacti Graphs

Post by Gomo »

Hi all,

Thought I'd try here to see if there is anyone here who is currently using cacti to graph things on their network,

I've been on and off doing so on my linux box running Ubuntu 20.4 I just started to graph again and I'm unable to graph my "Apple Airport Extreme" Network interfaces, they just return Nil data, and cacti just says it's invaild
However I'm able to graph current DHCP Leases & Active WiFi Clients..

If anyone is able to assist that would be awesome :)

I don't think I have issues with the server side as I'm currently graphing all interfaces on another device which is running DD-WRT, I have in the past run graphs which did indeed pull all interface data from the Apple device but now it just won't work :/

I've also noticed that when I look at "Data Query [SNMP - Interface Statistics] "

The last two devices which should be listed as index 10 & 11 are just blank with no information displayed the IP address listed at the end are correct and from memory these were the last two devices which I did get data from in the past.

The error that cacti pops up if I start graphing any of the interfaces is as follows - 2020-06-26 06:55:20 - POLLER: Poller[Main Poller] WARNING: Invalid Response(s), Errors[1] Device[NBN Router]
cacti query.png
cacti query.png (122.81 KiB) Viewed 2696 times
cacti query2.PNG
cacti query2.PNG (141.11 KiB) Viewed 2696 times
Gomo

Re: Cacti Graphs

Post by Gomo »

I've had assistance from one of my mates who uses Cacti at home on his network,

He logged into my cacti and created the graphs as "Bits" instead of Bytes, and the graph started to populate just fine! I was gobsmacked..

So I asked if he could get the graphs to display Bytes he did exactly as I was doing and created the graphs, we waited 15mins and no data populated for the Bytes graphs at all..

During the switchover from Bits to Bytes he deleted the original graphs he made "Bits"

We've now re-created the Bits graphs and no data is populating.. we are abit lost now.. might just re-install cacti not sure what is going on here
Gomo

Re: Cacti Graphs

Post by Gomo »

Final fix.. we deleted waited.. then recreated the graphs as Bits Total Bandwidth and I have working graphs now..

Not sure what the go is but I've been trying so long now to get these working it was bugging me so badly! however it's working now :D
woot.PNG
woot.PNG (65.01 KiB) Viewed 2682 times