MDAEMON Mailserver users

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

sdetroch

MDAEMON Mailserver users

Post by sdetroch »

Hello all,

I was looking for a long time to graph our MDAEMON mailserver stats in cacti, the difficulty was finding or writing some scripts that can monitor the queue and others ...

Today, I found this tool http://www.mdaemonplugins.com/download.php?view.10 and would like to share it with other mdaemon admins. I'll try to use/convert them for cacti within a couple of weeks (holidays first) :-) The tool is using mrtg (compiled under windows) and is ready out-of-the-box. It displays the msg's/pop/imap/spam/virus/bandwidth ...

In meantime, if someone can use it and integrates it in Cacti, feel free to share your findings and code :-)

This is their announcement:
The lastest version of MD-MRTG is now available (Version 1.01). As always, if you find this utility useful, Please consider contributing to the project. You can do so by either making a small donation or writing additional graphing scripts to help support the project (see Instructions.html in the ZIP file). Remember, others have charged hundreds of dollars for similar MRTG scripts with far less detailed graphs. A great deal of effort has gone into creating and supporting this project, and we can only continue with your support. Also be sure to help support MDaemonPlugins who makes this download possible!

Here is the change list:

1.01 January 15th, 2005
------------------------
- Updated MD-MRTG to the MRTG version 2.11.1 Code Set (mrtg.exe)
- Various Minor Bug Fixes
- Changed VB Functions from CInt to CLng for Larger Sites with more than 32,767 sessions daily
- Revamped JUNK Email count algorithm to show True 5 minute averages (rather than daily percentage)
- Updated the counters for Bad Message Queue to only look at MSG files <= 24 Hours
- Updated Default Max POP/IMAP Session counter value from 3000 to 5000
- Updated Default Max Inbound/Outbound and Spam/AV counter values from 1,500 to 2,500
- Added Error checking back to WMI scripts to catch VB Engine dependency errors
- Removed references to mail.mbc.edu from POP_IMAP and Mail CFG files
- Added MRTG documentation to the Installation Archive
Here is a little screenshot:

kind regards,
Sven
g0pher

MDAEMON Mailserver users

Post by g0pher »

Did you make all of the MDaemon VBS and configuration files yourself, or did you find this all somewhere? Looks neat. I'm wondering if I have to spend hours figuring all of this out for myself, or if I can just download something from somewhere that already has all of this.
sdetroch

Post by sdetroch »

On http://www.mdaemonplugins.com/download.php?view.10 you can find everything (vbs files are downloadable) ...

Sven
Jvona

Post by Jvona »

Still somewhat new to Cacti, was wondering if you've had a chance to export these templates, these would be really handy.

Thanks,
Jason
sdetroch

Post by sdetroch »

I haven't integrated them into Cacti, because I don't know how to do it. It's some kind of stand-alone mrtg page. If anyone can integrate it or give some tips ....

Sven
dust2k
Cacti User

Post by dust2k »

compare the vbs script with pl script you will find you can use vbs or write pl script for same purpose with working on other platform, it's not difficult to generate XML based template file for graphing, the only problem is Mdaemon's installation directory, I will try to do it after new yr holiday and see how things going.. maybe take a month..
sdetroch

Post by sdetroch »

dust2k,

any news on this?