Automation Graph Rules / Data Query

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

ffeingol

Automation Graph Rules / Data Query

Post by ffeingol »

I'm trying to setup automatic graph creating for some APC PDU's.

Manually, I'd do the following:
  • Choose Management, Devices,
  • Choose the device
  • Under Graph Template Name, choose the template and click Add
Under Automation, Graph rules, I can't add it because the correct type of data query doe snot show up in the drop down. It's just a SNMP query, but the only SNMP queries that show up are:
  • SNMP - Get Mounted Partitions
  • SNMP - Get Processor Information
  • SNMP = Interface Statistics
  • SNMP - Running Processes
What controls what data queries show up in that drop down?
TheWitness
Developer

Re: Automation Graph Rules / Data Query

Post by TheWitness »

By default, all non Data Query graphs are created automatically. For Data Query types, you have to use the Graph Automation rules to select the correct indexes and Graph Templates to create Graphs for.
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
ffeingol

Post by ffeingol »

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately, that is not happening. The devices are getting discovered/added through automation, but the graphs are not added. I have to go into each device and under "Associated Graph Templates" I have to pick the correct graph template and click add. I have about 200 PDU's to add, so I was really hoping to not have to do this manually.

We are running Cacti 1.2.5.
mitzone

Post by mitzone »

Hello,
I think what ffeingol is trying to say is that there is nothing in the drop-down to select for "Graph Type" after you selected what kind of Data Query to use for your automation.
Here, some screenshots :

So, regardless of what I select on DataQuery dropdown, there is nothing showing up in Graph Type dropdown.

Cacti 1.2.6
Just upgraded from 1.1.37.
Thanks.
ffeingol

Post by ffeingol »

I actually figured it out.

Under Template, Device I had to create a new device template for the PDU's. There I could add the graph(s) that I need. Then under Automation, Device Rules I can assign the discovered devices to the device template.
mitzone

Post by mitzone »

Update:

I rolled back to 1.1.37 and upgraded again, but to 1.2.5. Everything is ok opn 1.2.5.