SNMP Devices

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

talkster5

SNMP Devices

Post by talkster5 »

Hi,
I have been trying to work this out since last night and can still not get it to work properly. In my create new graph page I am trying to add a traffic graph but the devices are not showing up and just some other things about what version it is as you can see in the screenshot below. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get this to work properly?

talkster5

Post by talkster5 »

I re-added the data query and now nothing shows up and I just get this:

+ Running data query [1].
+ Found type = '3' [snmp query].
+ Found data query XML file at '/home/vooserv/public_html/cacti/resource/snmp_queries/interface.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ Executing SNMP walk for list of indexes @ '.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.1'
+ No SNMP data returned
+ Found data query XML file at '/home/vooserv/public_html/cacti/resource/snmp_queries/interface.xml'
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

What OS?

What version of cacti?
[size=117][i][b]Tony Roman[/b][/i][/size]
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
talkster5

Post by talkster5 »

CentOS
cacti 0.8.6c
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

NET-SNMP installed and paths to it correct? I see in the first pass, they seem to be, but the second is in question.

Does php have snmp support enabled?
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
talkster5

Post by talkster5 »

These are my paths:

/usr/bin/snmpwalk
/usr/bin/snmpget
/usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.49/bin/rrdtool
/usr/bin/php

which I have tested via ssh and are all correct. I am pretty sure I have php-snmp but is there a way that I can check for sure?
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

php -m

Look for snmp.
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

Do you have all the patches for 0.8.6c installed?
talkster5

Post by talkster5 »

yup snmp is installed. I havent installed any updates but I will do them now.
talkster5

Post by talkster5 »

I now have all of the patches installed and the same thing is still happening.
talkster5

Post by talkster5 »

nvm I got it to work now by creating a new host instead of the original one that was there. Thanks for trying to help anyway.
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

Is the device in question SNMPv2 or SNMPv1?