Cacti on RHEL3?

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

bitpusher

Post by bitpusher »

rony wrote:Did you resently update your server?

If so, what RPM updates did you apply?
In the end, I just gave up on RHEL3.. Things seem to work well on RHEL4.. RedHat brought back the php-snmp rpms, and things seem to actually work..
-------------------
BitPusher, LLC
http://www.bitpusher.com/
1.888.9PUSHER
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Interesting. On RHEL4, can you please run the following command and post your output, or at least a section of it.

Thanks,

TheWitness

Code: Select all

snmpwalk -OfntUe -v 1 -c public localhost
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
shiva

Post by shiva »

rony wrote:Did you resently update your server?

If so, what RPM updates did you apply?
I'm not applied any patches or updates, this is a standard installation.

bye
Thosch

Post by Thosch »

Hi together.

I'am trying to get cacti work on Whitebox-Linux ( RHEL3-Clone ).
In the beginning of my test-installation, i get the "SNMP error" ( red one ) for my new created host. After some investigations on the server where cati is located, checking the installed versions etc., i've tried an "snmpwalk" command on my router form this server.
What should i say ?
The SNMP version which is delivered by RHEL3 is buggy or a light version.
NO ( ! ) "snmpwalk" or "snmpget" command is available.
So i've checked the installed versions a second time. No luck.
After that i checked for the last SNMP Version on RedHat's FTP.
Latest Version is is something like that: net-snmp-5.0.9-2.30E.12.
I think on RHEL3 you will running into the same problem.
Solution for my problem was to compile my own version of snmp ( 5.1.2-1 from net-snmp.org ) and solving the dependency's like php, aspell etc.

Happy Eastern from germany
Thosch
karlkatzke

Post by karlkatzke »

Thosch - I'll confirm that everything's fine and dandy on RHEL4 / CentOS4, although I have had problems getting smnp to work. I don't know if this is true on RHEL3, but look for a net-smnp-utils package... that'll have snmpwalk and other utiilties in it.
Thosch

Post by Thosch »

Hi Karl,
I don't know if this is true on RHEL3, but look for a net-smnp-utils package... that'll have snmpwalk and other utiilties in it.
thx for the tip.
Net-snmp-utils will do the job.

Bye Thosch
ADHDPHP

Post by ADHDPHP »

I am having very similar issues with my installation. I have a clean load of fedora core 3 with mysql 4.1.11 and php 4.3.11. I have tried all the config.php.dist from this thread. I am still getting;

[client 192.168.2.50] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: read_config_option() in /var/www/html/cacti/include/config_form.php on line 651

I was able to get this running on a Win XP Pro box, the main difference that I found was that the mysql API client version. It is 3.23.58 on the Fedora Core 3, but 4.1 or 4.0 on the Win32 box.

Please help if you have any suggestoins

ADHDPHP
'Blessed are the pessimists, for they have made backups'
Fedora Core 3
|cactid 0.8.6d|cactid0.8.6d|appache|rrd1.2|MySQL|

"Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing"
- Teddy Roosevelt
ADHDPHP

Post by ADHDPHP »

I have now added all the patches and am getting the error;

[client 192.168.2.50] PHP Warning: mysql_connect(): Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in /var/www/html/cacti/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 339
Fedora Core 3
|cactid 0.8.6d|cactid0.8.6d|appache|rrd1.2|MySQL|

"Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing"
- Teddy Roosevelt
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Kevin,

Please see my e-mail. This forum has several solutions to your problem. Sorry we don't have a better FAQ, but Google will make you happy!

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
lga

Post by lga »

karlkatzke wrote:Thosch - I'll confirm that everything's fine and dandy on RHEL4 / CentOS4, although I have had problems getting smnp to work. I don't know if this is true on RHEL3, but look for a net-smnp-utils package... that'll have snmpwalk and other utiilties in it.

Hi,

I've RHEL4 and problem with SNMP. Can you say me what you modified to do work all? I use Cacti 0.8.6g and Cactid 0.8.6f-1
I can poll CPU Usage but Cacti doesn't find interfaces of routers/switches.
In Command line, via snmpwalk all work !!!

Thks in advance,

Lionel.