CaMM (Cacti Message Management) plugin v1.6.7 2010-08-26

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

super-hornet
Cacti User

Re: CaMM (Cacti Message Management) plugin v1.6.7 2010-08-26

Post by super-hornet »

Hi there
First of all, I would like to thank you for creating this good plugin.

I notice a bug whereby the "Email message" in the rule creation/edit rule do not accept " ' " characters. E.g. server's disk
When creating a new rule and if the email message contain " ' ", the rule will not get save.
If the rule is created and any editing to the "Email message" with " ' " will be ignored/dropped after it is saved.

The another thing to note that, in the setting, the "Email Title" contain is placed inside the email contain, rather than the email title.
Not sure whether is it done so on purpose or not. The email title is hard coded in the "lib/camm_functions.php" instead, with the title "Event Alert"
smlick
Cacti User

Post by smlick »

Unfortunatly it's no longer developed this plugin :-(
I think is one of the best developed for Cacti......
Cacti Version 0.8.8c production / 0.8.8c test W2008 -- Plugin:Weathermap - Monitor - CAMM 1.6.7 :) - Nectar - GPS Map
jasvindersingh

Post by jasvindersingh »

Hi Guys

I need help from you all. I am able to installed Cacti 1.6.7 version and able to get the snmp traps from F5, Juniper as well as Dell force10 switches. I tested the rule tab for alert mechanism that too is working fine. I need help to create the rules as i want to create rule like if CPU util cross the limit 80% i need to be alerted and also if below 80% i need to be alerted. It seems to be imposible with cacti camm rule module as i am getting the sql filter as below while creating the rule. Please advise how do i achieve this alert condition

(((eventname='chAlarmExdCpuThreshold' AND formatline='The agent generate this trap when 4 CPU_THRESHOLD: Overall cp cpu usage above threshold. Cpu5SecUsage (84) 0 -1') AND hostname=‘xyz’) AND severity='Critical')
ITATG

Post by ITATG »

Hello
there isn't any version compatible of CaMM with Cacti 1.1.28? It would be very usefull
smiles
Cacti User

Post by smiles »

If you are looking to alert based on SYSLOG messages, there is a plugin under the cacti repository on github called syslog here: https://github.com/Cacti/plugin_syslog

If you are looking for SNMP trap messaging, I'm not aware of any plugins compatible with Cacti 1.0+