RRDTool Says: No such file or directory - Cacti 1.1.16

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

ggdagg

RRDTool Says: No such file or directory - Cacti 1.1.16

Post by ggdagg »

Hi all,

Since I upgraded to Cacti 1.1.10 and now 1.1.16, I have some troubles only with disk space graphs. For some reason for all new devices I add, all graphs related to the queries "Get Mounted Partitions" says

Code: Select all

RRDTool Says: ERROR: opening '/var/www/html/cacti/rra/110/3295.rrd': No such file or directory
However, all other graphs (CPU, Uptime, Users, etc...) work fine which means that the poller works and has the right permissions to write in /var/www/html/cacti folder.

Also the realtime feature works correctly so the server receive some data for sure (see screenshot)

All previous devices (that was existing before the upgrade) have all their graphs working, including the mounted partitions.

Do anyone experience this problem or have any helpful information that could make these graphs work?

Thank you
Attachments
Here, with the realtime activated showing that some data are received.
Here, with the realtime activated showing that some data are received.
2017-08-01 18_21_35-Tree Mode -.png (116.5 KiB) Viewed 6415 times
Here, we can see 2 mounted partitions graphs not working and 2 other working on the same device.
Here, we can see 2 mounted partitions graphs not working and 2 other working on the same device.
2017-08-01 18_21_25-Tree Mode -.png (57.81 KiB) Viewed 6415 times
ggdagg

Re: RRDTool Says: No such file or directory - Cacti 1.1.16

Post by ggdagg »

Hi,

I forgot to mention that my cacti.log displays this error:

POLLER: Poller[1] WARNING: Poller Output Table not Empty. Issues Found: 50, Data Sources: hdd_total(DS[3289] Graphs['BackupPC - Used Space - /boot']), hdd_total(DS[3286] Graphs['BackupPC - Used Space - Swap Space'])...
I checked and found this discussions here https://github.com/Cacti/cacti/issues/389 and here https://github.com/Cacti/cacti/issues/642. It looks like the issue has been resolved and is part of the 1.1.13 version.
Currently running 1.1.16, it looks like, at least for me, this is not solved or I miss something.
amazen123

Post by amazen123 »

check the permission of rra directory
Osiris
Cacti Guru User

Post by Osiris »

Repopulate poller cache.
Before history, there was a paradise, now dust.
cigamit
Developer

Post by cigamit »

That error can be caused by any number of issues. If all else fails, you can try
https://github.com/cigamit/plugin_debug
ggdagg

Post by ggdagg »

Thanks for your answers.

I rebuilt the poller cache but without any success unfortunately.
So I tried to install the debug plugin but the table "plugin_debug" doesn't look to be created with when I enabled the plugin. I cannot find the structure of the table to create it manually. Do I miss something?
cigamit
Developer

Post by cigamit »

Oops, I uploaded the debug.sql. Import that for now, and I will add the code to auto create the db in a bit.
ggdagg

Post by ggdagg »

Your debug plugin is amazing. I tested it on 2 different hosts (one graph working, one not working) and basically the rdd file doesn't exist for one of them and for some reason doesn't want to create it at all even with the right permission.
Is there any way to ask to force the rdd file creation?
Attachments
debug.png
debug.png (57.15 KiB) Viewed 6244 times
cigamit
Developer

Post by cigamit »

So what that tells us, is that the poller isn't polling that Data Source properly. I don't think its a permission issue per say. The above is showing that it can't write to it, only because it doesn't actually exist. You might want to enable the Debug Log just for that device by going to Settings and entering its ID into
Selective Device Debug
A comma delimited list of Device ID's that you wish to be in Debug mode during data collection. This Debug level is only in place during the Cacti polling process.
then check the Cacti log to see what is happening with that host.
ggdagg

Post by ggdagg »

I enabled the debug log for one of my devices as suggested (it's not the same device as the one on my previous post because I tried to delete and recreate all graphs again for testing without success). Below is the result I got:
2017-08-21 11_56_38-View Cacti Log.png
2017-08-21 11_56_38-View Cacti Log.png (112.49 KiB) Viewed 6207 times
Again for this specific device, the "Used space" graphs don't work. So I clicked on the number between brackets after "DS" from the debug log (e.g.: Graphs['DNS server - Used Space - Virtual memory'] DS[3462]) and I turned on Data Source Debug Mode. I found the command RRDtool should run:

Data Source Debug

/bin/rrdtool create \
/var/www/html/cacti/rra/111/3462.rrd \
--step 300  \
DS:hdd_used:GAUGE:600:0:U \
DS:hdd_total:GAUGE:600:0:U \
DS:hdd_percent:GAUGE:600:0:100 \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:600 \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:6:700 \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:24:775 \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:288:797 \
RRA:MAX:0.5:1:600 \
RRA:MAX:0.5:6:700 \
RRA:MAX:0.5:24:775 \
RRA:MAX:0.5:288:797 \
I tried to run this command in the terminal and it finally created the 3462.rrd file. So the command is correct and it can create everything needed. I just don't understand why it doesn't do it automatically. I run RRDtool 1.4.8.
Anyway, even with this file created, the graph still stays empty. I can receive some data when I turn on the realtime mode for this graph.
By any chance, do you have any other suggestion?
ggdagg

Post by ggdagg »

Sorry but I gave up and I installed Cacti again. This is not the best solution but the problem was too difficult.

However, the good news is that I installed Cacti on the same host with a new and clean database and everything started to graph immediately. So it looks like I had a glitch in my previous database, maybe because I upgraded from 0.87 to 1.1.10 directly or maybe I did something wrong (the second reason is most likely)

Anyway thanks everybody who tried to investigate this issue with me.