Monitor plugin - has all monitored devices under 1 tree

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

jnewb

Monitor plugin - has all monitored devices under 1 tree

Post by jnewb »

I setup 3 trees with devices under each tree. On the Monitor tab, I selected for grouping "tree" and also selected to view "all trees". With these selections, all monitored devices from all 3 trees are grouped under 1 tree.

FYI. If I select a tree, as opposed to "all trees", the monitored devices under the 3 trees are correct. I'm on Cacti v1.1.0.
livwillful

Re: Monitor plugin - has all monitored devices under 1 tree

Post by livwillful »

Do you have any roots underneath each tree? Can you post a screenshot?
jnewb

Re: Monitor plugin - has all monitored devices under 1 tree

Post by jnewb »

Yes, I have root branches under each tree, and devices under those root branches. See attachments for details.
Attachments
Same page as alltrees1.jpg, but scrolled to the very bottom, where the "P" root branches are displayed.
Same page as alltrees1.jpg, but scrolled to the very bottom, where the "P" root branches are displayed.
alltrees2.JPG (110.09 KiB) Viewed 966 times
"Monitor" tab.  I selected "all trees".  Notice the "P" tree heading at the top with all of the root branches from all 3 trees are listed.
"Monitor" tab. I selected "all trees". Notice the "P" tree heading at the top with all of the root branches from all 3 trees are listed.
alltrees1.JPG (89.65 KiB) Viewed 966 times
"Monitor" tab.  I selected the "P" tree.  All of the root branches are displayed correctly.
"Monitor" tab. I selected the "P" tree. All of the root branches are displayed correctly.
ptree2.JPG (92.19 KiB) Viewed 966 times
Management > Trees > Tree Items. Call this the "P" tree.
Management > Trees > Tree Items. Call this the "P" tree.
ptree.JPG (75.48 KiB) Viewed 966 times