Moderators: Developers, Moderators

thenextdon13

Thold upgrade to .5 - page never loads

Post by thenextdon13 »

Hello-
Cacti Version: 0.8.8h, Plugin Architecture Version: 3.1
Settings 0.71
Thold 0.5

Just removed the old thold plugin (disable, uninstall on 'plugin management' page).

Then added new by dropping into correct folder, selecting 'install', and 'enable' on 'plugin management' page.

However clicking on the 'thold' tab ends in a blank screen after waiting some time.

Additionally, mysqld takes a lot of cpu in this time (90%ish)
And mysqld log says
"2016-11-10 11:21:40 3125 [Warning] Unsafe statement written to the binary log using statement format since BINLOG_FORMAT = STATEMENT. Statements writing to a table with an auto-increment column after selecting from another table are unsafe because the order in which rows are retrieved determines what (if any) rows will be written. This order cannot be predicted and may differ on master and the slave. Statement: INSERT INTO plugin_temp_table_1931548433 SELECT * FROM plugin_config"

I see online that i can change to mixed mode binlog format, but seeing as the log is only an error, i wouldn't expect it to keep the query from completing or page to fail loading.

Thoughts?
thenextdon13

Re: Thold upgrade to .5 - page never loads

Post by thenextdon13 »

Update;
I set binlog_format=MIXED my my.cnf.
I no longer get the warning in the log, but same other symptoms (high cpu utilization from mysqld, after some time blank page load)

Reverting to the old version I had
Thold 0.4.3

Seems to work as expected. Although unfortunately through this process, i've lost all of my thresholds I had created :-/

Thoughts?
hid3nax
Cacti User

Post by hid3nax »

Same issue here...

Cacti Version: 0.8.8h, Plugin Architecture Version: 3.1 (Latest one)
Settings plugin 0.71
Thold 0.4.4

I have tried upgrading as the previous poster said and getting the CPU hogged. Nothing happens!

Also lost all the tholds upon doing the "uninstall"!!! (Luckily, had some MySQL DB backups but it took me several hours to restore the tholds only).

Question:

How do I properly upgrade the Thold plugin from 0.4.4 version to the latest one 0.5?

Running on Debian 8, Apache 2.4.10, PHP 5.6.27.

Appreciate any assistance...

Thanks.
oxzhor

Post by oxzhor »

hid3nax wrote:Same issue here...

Settings plugin 0.71
Thold 0.4.4

I have tried upgrading as the previous poster said and getting the CPU hogged. Nothing happens!

Also lost all the tholds upon doing the "uninstall"!!! (Luckily, had some MySQL DB backups but it took me several hours to restore the tholds only).

Question:

How do I properly upgrade the Thold plugin from 0.4.4 version to the latest one 0.5?

Running on Debian 8, Apache 2.4.10, PHP 5.6.27.

Appreciate any assistance...

Thanks.
Facing the same problem here

Monitor 1.3
Settings plugin 0.71
Thold 0.5

When i click on the thold tab the system generate high system load and nothing happens.

Also when i uninstalled thold 0.5 and reinstall it, i have the same problem.