cannot re-create item due to no checkbox or grey listing

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

bshoebottom

cannot re-create item due to no checkbox or grey listing

Post by bshoebottom »

Hello,

When we performed an upgrade on a switch one of the blades being monitored stopped working. I deleted the graphs/rrds from within cacti and went to re-create them but when i select the type of graph i want (in/out bits with total bandwidth) the items i want to select go grey and i loose the checkbox to create graphs for them.
I have gone through some articles here but most are dated. Is there a way i can manually re-create or clear these items?

Thanks,
Bryan

0.8.5a
jcullen

newbie trying to help!!

Post by jcullen »

Hey,

Well I hope this helps. Pretty sure you need to delete your data sources for those host/graph. Console--Managment--Data Sources then select hosts and delete the correct source. once deleted you can recreate graph for it.

Hope this helps!!

so much to learn so litte time!
bshoebottom

tried this unfortunately...

Post by bshoebottom »

Hey,

Thanks for the reply, but i have already tried this. As far as i know everything in the web interface shows those graphs as gone. There are no more references to these graphs under:
Console-Management-Graph Management
Console-Management-Data sources

Have any other suggestions? Is there somewhere in the database where i can set/remove a flag or delete a row/record to "ungrey" an item?
jcullen

errr

Post by jcullen »

Hey,

Well the only other thing I know of is to try and locate the rrds for that host and remove it if one exist. However, you might be able to delete and readd the graph template or Associated Data Query. Sometimes I have had to do this in order to ungrey so I can create graph.

Hope this helps, please keep me inform of what does help.

Good Luck
bshoebottom

problem resolved?

Post by bshoebottom »

Hey,

I'm a little leary of removing the data query as this is using one of Cacti's default data queries (interface statistics) which we use on a lot of our devices in cacti. I don't want to break too much.

I have gone through the box and removed all rrd's that have not been modified recently, but still no luck. One thing i did notice however is that when i remove the graphs (16 to be exact), it removed 16 from the top of the items listed in grey. I then removed 3 other graphs ~8 graphs apart, that i didn't necessarily need, from the middle of the list and they came off the top in the same order!

I checked for patches for this, and there is one for javascript for the new_graphs page for 0.8.5a. I applied the patch and now i have no grey items... I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad thing but it has resolved my problem.
Thanks for your help.

Bryan
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

If you send me a dump of you database, I can try to figure out what is wrong and give you a solution. Please email or PM it to me.

To dump the database:

Code: Select all

mysqldump cacti > cacti_dump.sql
[size=117][i][b]Tony Roman[/b][/i][/size]
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
bshoebottom

Post by bshoebottom »

Thanks for the offer but it looks like everything is resolved now.

Bryan
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

What was you resolution?
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
bshoebottom

Post by bshoebottom »

It's the 5th post, i basically installed a patch which seemed to remove all grey items, i have none now, so i was able to recreate my graphs. Check the post.

Bryan
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

:oops:

Opps.... Sorry....

Time for some coffee....
paulbeard206
Cacti User

similar problem here

Post by paulbeard206 »

I whacked some rrds w/o thinking about the consequences and now I can't recreate the graphs. Those data queries are grayed out. I have cleaned up all references to them I can find (data sources), cleaned the snmp poller cache, and dumped the database to look through it: not seeing anything I recognize.

What can I look at next?