Graphs stop updating after 4 AM, then update over night

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

zachburdick

Graphs stop updating after 4 AM, then update over night

Post by zachburdick »

I have an issue with a new Cacti install that I just can not figure out. First I am running on CentOS 6 x86_64, it is a fresh install with 4CPU's and 16 GB of Memory. I have installed Cacti 0.8.8h and I have only added a few Graph Templates, mostly from the folks over at Percona.

Here is my issue, for some reason around 4 AM each day my graphs stop showing data. Then during the night the graphs are updated with the previous days data. I have tried to re-install cacti, I have check permissions on the file system and compared with my other working version of Cacti (Also on 0.8.8h) and it does not seem to help. I have followed the troubleshooting steps in Gandalph's signature several times but have not found anything that points to the issue.

Oddly I do have NaN in my rrd files when I look at them, but if you look at the graphs you can see that the data over the last 24 hours is different at certain times of the day, so its being recorded somewhere and then being put into the rrd files. Perhaps the files in /tmp that have the same name as the rrd files is holding my data during the day?

I do not have any other cronjobs that run except for the poller one, I tried using spine to fix it, but in did not make a difference, nor has system reboot, or clearing the poller cache.

Thoughts anyone?
Attachments
Sample of CPU graph with no data after 4AM.
Sample of CPU graph with no data after 4AM.
8-16-2016 7-55-43 AM.png (23.45 KiB) Viewed 519 times
zachburdick

Re: Graphs stop updating after 4 AM, then update over night

Post by zachburdick »

Found the issue......

Every Cacti Install I have done to date has had the MySQL server locally installed, this one time I made it external. Started looking at the graphs again and noticed that data was filling in throughout the day but was about 3 hours behind. Turned out the MySQL instance was running on UTC, where as my server is set to EDT. Made the change on MySQL and graphs are showing data at the right time.

For reference here is the link that pointed me in the right direction: http://www.networking-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=38794