Disable graph zoom feature in 0.8.8c

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

NaT1

Disable graph zoom feature in 0.8.8c

Post by NaT1 »

Hi

I'm using 0.8.8c and noticed new graph zoom feature in tree view.
I was wondering if there any way to disable this feature ?

I found some issues to zoom out from a graph after quick zoom. It just applying it over all other graphs as well and no option to zoom out to default view until I relogin to the server.

Thanks
NaT1

Re: Disable graph zoom feature in 0.8.8c

Post by NaT1 »

Somebody ? please ?

The only solution I found is to relogin to Cacti every time it happens.

As I see , quick zoom-in basically use around x100 factor since when I'm switching to advance zoom-out I select the largest factor x32 , zooming out 3 times with it and then I'm able to get the graph much better but still not fetching to default 24h view as should be.
so what you guys do when you wants to get back to 24h view ? too bad zoom menu missing an option "zoom-out to default scale" or something.... :-?

This is how it looks like with quick zoom-in and few times x32 zoom-out factor:
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (24.14 KiB) Viewed 2953 times
cigamit
Developer

Post by cigamit »

?? Zoom is just changing the Time Selector up top, so can't you just hit Clear on the form?
NaT1

Post by NaT1 »

cigamit wrote:?? Zoom is just changing the Time Selector up top, so can't you just hit Clear on the form?
First, thanks for your reply.
Oh ... just see this. Didn't think on this option at the top. That's working of course. :)

But I would like to just remove this feature to avoid any mouse clicks on the graph itself by accidentally for some users.
What do you think ? is it controlled per user maybe ?
greenhorn78

Post by greenhorn78 »

Hi,

+1 for option to disable graph zooming from 'Tree view' and 'Preview view'. It is really annoying that click anywhere into graph means change of time-span preset, especially for thumbnails displayed. The possibility to zoom graph when i really want it is under the "Zoom graph" icon, isn't it?
Thank you for considering.
faded

Post by faded »

I found this "feature" to be annoying as hell. I always click on the graphs to go to the next level, and this got in the way so that you ended up accidentally zooming all the time when there was no intention to. I found no way to turn it off, and found posts like this, so I figured I'd share how I turned this off. While not the best way I'm sure, it does the trick.

Modify the include/top_graph_header.php

Line: 86 which looks like this:

Code: Select all

<link href="<?php echo $config['url_path']; ?>include/js/jquery.zoom.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">
Replace it with:

Code: Select all

<?php $url = $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']; if (strpos($url,'graph_view.php') !== false) {} else { ?> <link href="<?php echo $config['url_path']; ?>include/js/jquery.zoom.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet"> <?php } ?>
That way, the zoom option doesn't show up on the default graph_view page, but it does show up when you're using the zoom tool.

Hope this helps. :)