Cacti HTML emails getting blocked by Microsoft antimalware

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

w60

Cacti HTML emails getting blocked by Microsoft antimalware

Post by w60 »

All,
just posting to see if anyone else has run in to this and found a solution. After noticing that we had not received any cacti threshold alert emails for a week, and the nectar reports failed to be delivered we found that the HTML format emails are getting blocked by Microsoft's antimalware agent, and bouncing back to the from address with the error at below. We run two separate cacti servers (08.7i) and emails from both are getting blocked. I should state my company use hosted exchange from Microsoft, and in testing I can send to my personal gmail account and forward on to my work email with out issue. I have switched the alerts to be non-html (i.e. "Send Alerts as Text") and these emails get through without an issue.

Has anyone else run in to this problem? Currently the team that run the hosted exchange are still trying to work with MS to white list the emails without success, so was hoping someone else might be able to give some pointers.

ERROR MSG (with email address alerted):

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

myemail@work.com
The email system had a problem processing this message. It won't try to deliver this message again.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: BN1PR06MB343.namprd06.prod.outlook.com

myemail@work.com
Remote Server returned '554 5.6.0 Invalid message content identified by Antimalware Agent'
EddNS

Re: Cacti HTML emails getting blocked by Microsoft antimalwa

Post by EddNS »

Did you manage to get this resolved? I now have the same problem and have tried everything i can think of to get these emails passed the Anti-malware Agent

Thanks
Edd
DeF

Re: Cacti HTML emails getting blocked by Microsoft antimalwa

Post by DeF »

The same problem, somebody was able to solve it?
Thanks