[solved] Sql error

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

gringo

[solved] Sql error

Post by gringo »

Why do I always get errors that are not addressed in help or forum?? This is first login attempt after using BSOD2600's fabulous installer on a fresh Win7 Pro VM I am afraid to run the command as it appears it will change my current username/password as generated in install log. I am Sql illiterate!!

Error
You have created a new database, but have not yet imported the 'cacti.sql' file. At the command line, execute the following to continue:
mysql -u cactiuser -p cacti < cacti.sql

This error may also be generated if the cacti database user does not have correct permissions on the cacti database. Please ensure that the cacti database user has the ability to SELECT, INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE, CREATE, ALTER, DROP, INDEX on the cacti database.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Re: Sql error

Post by BSOD2600 »

More context and info around the error(s) would be helpful. Please attach the installer log file.
gringo

Post by gringo »

I'm not sure I understand what "context" you are looking for, Sir. After I ran your installer on a freshly created Hyper-v VM with Win7 Sp1 x64 Pro I tried to open the URL http://localhost/cacti I was presented with this message. Here is the installer log....................
Attachments
cacti-installer.txt
(99.92 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

It would appear the installer completed successfully.

Did you reboot the server after it completed?
please post a screenshot of the error(s).
gringo

Post by gringo »

Yes Sir, I absolutely rebooted. Here is the screenshot, it appears it is asking me to associate a username/password with the indicated Db, no?? Can I simply replace the real username/password as generated by the installer and run the command??
Attachments
ScreenHunter_01 Oct. 07 13.26.jpg
ScreenHunter_01 Oct. 07 13.26.jpg (85.56 KiB) Viewed 2594 times
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

This is really weird.

The following 3 lines indicate the installer should've created the cacti database:

Code: Select all

Installing Cacti DB
Warning: Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
Warning: Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
Does C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\data\Cacti\ exist?
Mind attaching the C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\data\*.err file(s)?

Or what about rolling back the VM to before Cacti and trying again?
gringo

Post by gringo »

REALLY appreciate your help on this. Like I said "why do I always get errors..............." The Db is absolutely there in the correct directory. Attaching the files and will wait for your reply but if needed I will certainly just build another VM as I didn't snapshot it.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

no attachment...

anyways, you should be able to run the cacti uninstaller, reboot. then delete the folder C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\ so the old configs are not used.
gringo

Post by gringo »

Sorry, missed the 2 step process this time, here it is for reference. I HAVE had to use your uninstaller before on Server 2012 and it is excellent. I probably did some cleaning in the registry just for good measure but don't recall. MySQL seems pretty stubborn about leaving.................
Attachments
MONITOR.txt
(49.99 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
gringo

Post by gringo »

"This is really weird.
The following 3 lines indicate the installer should've created the cacti database:"

I just LOVE that quote!! IF one of the major engineers on this site thinks so what do you suppose a dweeb thinks?? So, anyway, that got things sorted out. The un-installer left behind the stuff you pointed out at "Program Data" but after I deleted that without tickling the registry everything went as planned. I'm not graphing just yet but we can at least log into the system!!

THANKS, again!!
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

glad to hear it's now working.