Flow-Tools "where?"

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

wirwav

Flow-Tools "where?"

Post by wirwav »

My apologies if this has been asked before or that it may sound dumb.

I am trying to graph with Flowview plugin. My router is already sending flows.

I have read that I have to install the Flow-tools package which would explain why under the Misc tab in settings, my paths to the binary is red.

Since I have installed using the windows installer (very useful), where do I find the binary file (windows) and all the necessary files for Flow-Tools..

Is there a windows installer for that.

Maybe I am missing it on the cacti site or something, but I seem to be going in circles.

Thanks
rs1

Re: Flow-Tools "where?"

Post by rs1 »

I have the same issue more or less. I haven't been able to install flow tools on the windows server. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
rs1

Post by rs1 »

I think we may have to go on to Linux,

http://cactiusers.org/forums/post6442.html

I could think of worse things...... 8)
wirwav

Post by wirwav »

I would rather stick hot needles in my eyes and whack my testicles between 2 bricks!

I just came from Linux and I gave up with it as an OS. There are now too many variants, and little constructive help! And I found that the whole user/superuser thing was a minefield and finally the other program that I HAVE to use on this box does not run well under WINE environment.

So after 14 weeks and Ubuntu 10.04 lts, 12, puppy lucid, puppy Antix, Slacko, Bodhi and a few more I gave up!

Cacti traffic flow is not an essential for me as I have Ntop to fall back on, but after a weekend of issues with Ntop and WinPcap I finally managed to get Ntop working again..

Now I just have to graph it!!!
wirwav

Post by wirwav »

Is there anyone out there who might be willing to make an installer for the windows binary!
chrisgapske
Cacti User
Location: Pensacola, Fl - Padacuh, Ky-Alpena, MI-Gulf Shores,AL

Post by chrisgapske »

Why in the world would you want to run windows and Centos is still the best plain English like linux out there.