SNMP CACHE

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

skaminski
Cacti User

Post by skaminski »

I replaced the file. Do I need to stop/restart anything??? i didn't, and went to the utilities section to try to clear the poller cache.....

Notice: A session had already been started - ignoring session_start() in C:\webroot\cacti\include\config.php on line 74

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare db_connect_real() (previously declared in C:\webroot\cacti\lib\database.php:36) in C:\webroot\cacti\lib\database.php on line 36
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

That error does not seem appropriate. You did download the file to : <webroot>/Cacti/utilities.php and not <webroot>/Cacti/lib/utilities.php right?

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
skaminski
Cacti User

Post by skaminski »

yes, I agree. It seemed weird. I just rebooted the server to "clean" Windows.

Did you see the copy of my log from the other post I have about RRD's not updating? This is all from the same issue.
skaminski
Cacti User

Post by skaminski »

Rebooted and same error....

I also verified the location of the file. It's in c:\webroot\cacti.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Ski,

Try downloading that file again. Screwed up something..

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
skaminski
Cacti User

Post by skaminski »

same error.... sorry
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

You've got some mucked up code. Please zip your cacti distribution minus the rra and log directories and e-mail to me ASAP. Have you applied any MODS?

TheWitness

skaminski
Cacti User

Post by skaminski »

Thanks again to The Witness and Rony for assisting.

After trying a new utility.php file, I was able to successfully clear my Poller Cache which then refreshed and started polling my 3900+ items. Within 10 minutes, I had data in the graphs!!!!!
spalds

new utilities.php file not working

Post by spalds »

I replaced my utilities.php file witht he one listed above but received the same error message when trying to get back into system utilities. what did you do to remedy this error? I wasn't able to clear my poller cache so I replaced the utilities.php file and now I get the same error. Thanks.
skaminski
Cacti User

Post by skaminski »

The one I have shows a modified date of Feb 08, 2005 @ 10:44:57pm.

These may also be version specific (I'm running cacti-0.8.6c)

Also, there are two utilities.php files. One in the root of cacti, and another one. You should replace only the one in the cactiroot.
spalds

Post by spalds »

I did replace the uttilities.php in the cacti root directory. I am running the same version of cacti 0.8.6c. I am running mine on Red Hat 9. Not sure what to do next. I can't get the poller cache cleared. Thanks
skaminski
Cacti User

Post by skaminski »

Here's the utilities.php file that resolved my issue. Let me know if it helps.
Attachments
utilities.txt
Rename this file to utilities.php
(9.62 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
spalds

Post by spalds »

ski,
thanks for the file. I moved it into place and was able to see the systems utilities screen again .. (no errors). I tried to clear the poller cache but it doesn't seem to clear it. I think I am having a permissions problem and need to double check on that. I will post back once I get the permissions thing fixed. Thanks.
skaminski
Cacti User

Post by skaminski »

As you're using Redhat, I can't help you much with any permission issue. Good luck, and let me know if you get it working.

Sean
spalds

Post by spalds »

Turns out that I was running my cron job with root and should have been using my cacti user instead. once I changed the cron job to my "cactiuser" and then pointed the cactiuser to the location of my php file, all worked. thanks for the help.