[0.8.8b]Device down alert each minute - CACTIEZ spamming me

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

gronono

[0.8.8b]Device down alert each minute - CACTIEZ spamming me

Post by gronono »

Hi everyone,

Since I installed CACTIEZ 0.8.8a (and even after upgrading it to version 0.8.8b), I meet an issue concerning Cisco device down notification (here is an example below).

Most of the time CACTIEZ monitoring is working fine and just inform me once when a device falls down...but after a random amount of time when a device comes down, CACTIEZ then send me email notifications every minute continiously until that device comes back again.

I don't think that it could be related to any GUI parameters...it is like CACTIEZ does not detect that the device is already down.
This is extremely annoying especially when I am not able to react (e.g during the week-ends) and I receive then thousands of email notifications :cry:

I noticed that when this issue happens the "in state" value of the dead device remains stucked to 0h02m. I tried several solutions (e.g http://bugs.cacti.net/view.php?id=2231) but the only solution which works is to reboot completely CACTIEZ server (which is not a solution, of course...).
After the reboot, In state value increase again and the spam stops.

Looking at the content below, it seems that most of the values are wrong and remains the same on each email :

System Error : Device_Name (IP_Address) is DOWN
Reason: Host did not respond to SNMP, ICMP: Ping timed out

Average system response : 30.85 ms
System availability: 99.93 %
Total Checks Since Clear: 2889
Total Failed Checks: 2
Last Date Checked DOWN : 2014-02-15 09:04:00
Host Previously UP for: 735676d 11h 32m 36s

Does anyone also met that ? Could someone help me fix that annoying issue ?

Thanks for your help !