CactiEZ 0.7 Released

Addons for Cacti and discussion about those addons

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

vel

Re: CactiEZ 0.7 Released

Post by vel »

vel wrote:
cbotts wrote:I did a fresh install and found that the username and password was not correct for cactiuser.

I updated the permissions and made sure cactiuser has all permissions in mysql but I cant seem to get past this error.

Warning: mysqli_real_connect(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'cactiuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /var/www/html/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysqli.inc.php on line 83 Can not connect

Thanks

Chris

Dear Chris,

Pls help me out, i am finding the same error message with fresh installation of cactiEZ 0.7.

Warning: mysqli_real_connect(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'cactiuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /var/www/html/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysqli.inc.php on line 83 Can not connect

Things i have tried to fix this issue.

I changed username(cactiuser) /password (cactiuser)of mysqlpass.txt in root/mysqlpass.txt.
I changed the root username (cactiuser) /password (cactiuser) of mysql database
I changed the config.php file username (cactiuser) / password (cactiuser)

Still i am find the same error show above. Pls help to resolve this issue.

Hi,

Pls some one help me out.
nandozzi

Post by nandozzi »

It seems a permission issue.
You can try to use webmin in order to grant to cactiuser permission on cacti db :)
alopezdu

Post by alopezdu »

Thanks you guys

04/15/2013 03:40:07 PM - SYSTEM STATS: Time:5.7026 Method:spine Processes:1 Threads:30 Hosts:157 HostsPerProcess:157 DataSources:46040 RRDsProcessed:16941
Really impressive, good performance.
Boost plugin disabled, and less than 6 seconds polling...
great
hfhelp

Post by hfhelp »

Is there a way to be able to see the rrd graphs without having to stay logged in to Cacti?
CptnBlues63

Post by CptnBlues63 »

cigamit wrote: Same way any Cacti migration happens between boxes. Certain things hinge on whether the old one is 32bit or 64bit, but you mostly need to build it out in parallel to your other install. It also helps if you upgrade the old cacti to the latest first.

Some rough steps are
  • Install new server on different hardware / VM
  • Copy over any extra scripts / resource files from your old box (don't override)
  • Copy over any extra plugins from the old box (don't override, but plugins like weathermap will need their configs copied)
  • Stop polling on old box (you can skip this step, it just makes sure everything is consistent)
  • Export DB, Import into new (drop the tables on new)
  • Move RRD Files over (rsync if old is 64bit, you will have to dump to xml and back if its 32bit)
  • New box may ask to upgrade the DB depending on old boxes Cacti version
  • Start polling on new box (and old if you want them to run in parallel for a bit)
A few things may be broken here and there but they are usually easy to track down.
Ok, I'm pretty new to Cacti and I am not a Linux aficionado by any stretch of the imagination. I have to migrate a very old Cacti server to the latest version as the old box is dying and I have a much newer unit available and it only makes sense to put the latest version of Cacti on it. The original Cacti server was built by someone who no longer works here and I've agreed to take it on but could use a little help getting this done.

If someone could add some detail to the above post it would be most helpful for a Cacti newb like me. For instance, the locations of said files that need to be copied (ie: scripts, plugins, RRD, db etc)

How do I stop/start polling?

Correct procedure for exporting db and importing it onto new server?

How does one upgrade the db if requested to do so?

TIA for any/all help!
mxxcon

Post by mxxcon »

cigamit, please add support for F5 devices from http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=47429
And also add http://docs.cacti.net/plugin:spikekill plugin
cigamit
Developer

Post by cigamit »

mxxcon wrote:cigamit, please add support for F5 devices from http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=47429
And also add http://docs.cacti.net/plugin:spikekill plugin
Spikekill doesn't work with the new theme because of the way it tries to inject its javascript and div code in via the tabs hook. Something seems wrong with the plugin too, considering I have a few graphs with massive spikes, and it seems to completely ignore them and instead removes a few small ones. I will have to figure out why its doing that.

I will see about adding the F5 templates in the next update to the templates plugin, all new templates are on hold until I push a fix for all 1 minute graphs. We need a completely different set of RRAs defined for them.
ankso

Post by ankso »

Hello guys,

i have a problem, i have installed 4 cactiez for internal and external use. The problem is that (for visual reasons) title "Console" in the tab doesn't help a lot to understand in which cacti i am right now logged in because i have all of them opened in my browser so i would like to make it more easy.

Is there any workaround to change my titlebar?

Regards,
ankso
cigamit
Developer

Post by cigamit »

I am sure a plugin to be written to change the title easily enough, but I don' t know of one that exists currently.
m00tpoint

Post by m00tpoint »

All,

I have installed 0.7, and need to migrate the underlying CentOS install to official RHEL so that it's supported in our environment. Part of that process is to remove the centos-release package. But when I run that command, it looks like all packages in 0.7 that are not in the default install have a dependencey on centos-release.

My Linux background is much more Debian/Ubuntu than CentOS/RHEL, so I could use some guidance on how to handle this. Help?

TIA,
m00t
cigamit
Developer

Post by cigamit »

Honestly, its easiest to just install Redhat and start from scratch.
ram1101

Post by ram1101 »

Hi, for some reason the server is not sending email when a device is down, the smtp setting are ok since I get email when I test them.
but not when a device goes don't get a notification. I've set the device to use ping and snmp to know when is down but not luck with either.
please help
erebusodora

Post by erebusodora »

I'm new and I apologize in advance but could not find a solution to the problem in forum.
The problem is when i add new device wit IP example: 10.1.5.10 all is OK - working
but when write adres like: 10.1.5.10:214 (with port) i see the: SNMP error with red letters and not working

I use one real IP adres with port forwardin to other devices with SNMP
Attachments
cactiez052.jpg
cactiez052.jpg (175.62 KiB) Viewed 6584 times
koende

Post by koende »

Two questions about the CactiEZ0.7:
1. I notice that Cacti restarts/resets/does something each night. Is this normal behavior?
See the attached file on the localhost - physical memory

2. Our Cisco switch ports remarks/info always starts with a '=' sign. But this never shown on the graphs. Is this something that could be enabled or configured?
Attachments
localhost-memory.png
localhost-memory.png (20.94 KiB) Viewed 6395 times
kuusi

Post by kuusi »

Great software!!!

I very much like that I can upgrade CactiEZ with yum. After last upgrade all graph broke. Firefox just says that cannot display image because it is broken (or similar). 0.8.8a-1 version works fine. Only problem with newer version was those broken graphs. Something wrong with how rrd data is made to png. Polling etc was working fine.

I did downgrade to earlier version and after that graphs appeared again. I only did downgrade cactiez package.