Cacti login failure

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

wirwav

Cacti login failure

Post by wirwav »

Hi, I have seen similar threads relating to something similar, but because the suggested fixes dont relate to my OS they have been too difficult to implement.

I have a Puppy Linux OS lucid 5.2.8

I installed Xampp, it wasnt without its problems and that took me 6 weeks to get to that stage!

There are some alternative uses of adduser and useradd according to distro!

Anyhow, back on track.

Last week I finally managed an Xampp install and got as far as phpMyAdmin pages.

Then I tried to install cacti, 3 aborted installs later.

I watched several videos compliements YouTube.

Last evening I had:

The Cacti install screen, whoopee... I went beyond and cured a few missing paths to binaries... But was completely unable to fix the same error relating to PHP binary... Just couldnt find it... ( however after 7 weeks of Linux there is more than a good chance that I wouldnt have known what to look for in the first place!!)

So,, I created a user = catiuser and also password = cactiuser... cacti database.... another words, following what the video suggested with regards the default conf file in the include directory.

I also imported a cacti.sql.. Satisfied that all I had to do was to fix the mysterious PHP path error, I went to bed.

This morning, hopeless, cannot log onto cacti at all... Not even admin/admin.

Have been back and forth to the conf file and confirmed passwords and no luck.

Then I was able to get into the admin area by using 127.0.0.1 in the address bar instead of localhost.

So admin/admin and again I thought everything was ok..

Restarted the machine, and here we are, cant login any which way!!

Can anyone assist, tired and deflated!
gandalf
Developer

Re: Cacti login failure

Post by gandalf »

That sounds like an issue with httpd. Or dou you get an error indicating missing mysql connection? How does the login page look like - just as it always had been?
R.
wirwav

Re: Cacti login failure

Post by wirwav »

login page the same... no mysql errors..

Have abandoned distro and gone to Bodhi, they have a ready packed server package---

But looks like I will be back since the package doesn,t work properly either.